Used 2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (199 reviews )

2004 CTS 3.6VVT
By billsteinhagen

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

First drove in 2003 with the 3.2 V6 engine. I liked the car but a little underpowered with AT. Glad I waited for the 2004 with 3.6 V6 with variable valve timing and 255 HP. Great acceleration, very quiet and decent gas mileage. The 5 speed AT is the smoothest I have ever used. I purchased this over another BMW, although I didn't trade the Bimmer.

High tech engine and AT. Good base sound system and adequate trunk. The only other option I got was 10-way power seats for driver and front passenger with power lumbar (gotta have).

Less plastic in the cabin. Better pricing packages. You have to buy a Luxury pkg at $5375 just to be able to add a sunroof for another $1200. Buyer should be able to pick and choose his/her options.

My CTS
By Fred Livingstone

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I entered the Cadillac marketin 1998 with a Catera. It was fun to drive, but not too dependable. I traded it for the CTS in 2002. the CTS was even more fun to drive and has been a very dependable performer so far. I really like this car. I have owned about 15 new cars over the years and this one is up there among the best.

One of the things I really like about the CTS is the styling. We were all getting a little tired of the "marshmello" puff of body styles and the hard crisp lines of the CTS are a refreshing change.

The only thing I miss is the handle inside above the doors in front This would make getting in and out of this beautiful low-slung beast a bit easier.

CTS 2003
By ctsfan

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

This car is an absolute joy to drive. It is sleek, sexy, and sporty. Handles very responsively.

We upgraded for some 19inch low profile wheels and cadillac rims that accent the cars beauty and turn heads everywhere we go. Love the steering controls for the audio and air.

Add lumbar support.

CTS Surprise
By hemiguy61

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

The automotive press is missing the boat on this one. The styling is distinctive and different and I like that a lot considering the sea of boring imports out there. The CTS has great power, gets good gas mileage, is comfortable, has a ton of storage and overall is a ball to drive. It has a great turning radius and is a snap to parallel park in the city. What more could you want? The best parts of my day are driving to and from work in this gem.

Driving pleasure, storage capacity, distinctive styling, gas mileage, get- up-and-go, XM radio and sound system, turning radius, manageable size.

Higher-end tires (darn Goodyears have already been recalled). Controls for navigation system are not intuitive.

Best car I have ever driven
By glauser2

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

My first Cadillac was the Catera in 2001 which I thought was a very well- built car. The new CTS leaves the Catera in the dust! Wonderful handling on the open road, and when you use the cruise control, you get a cruising range of 400+! The seats are extremely comfortable (both front and rear), and the temperature controls make riding in extreme heat or cold a non-issue. I am 'floored' that this is not in the top ten list of "Best of..." cars. One drive will convince you.