Used 2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac Cts - Consumer Reviews

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (199 reviews )

A real nice surprise
By Skuuteroo

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a CTS with the 3.6L engine and automatic. The ride is much quieter and the road imperfections get absorbed very well, but there is a slight sense of disconnect compared to my previous car (2003 Tiburon). However, the car handles (even w/o the Sport pkg) extremely well. Body lean is negligible, and steering is precise. I don't consider the interior to be luxury oriented as much as techncially sumptuous. It's definitely upscale looking and wood belongs in furniture and buildings, not cars. It's great to feel good about owning a "reward" car that's made in the USA. Way to go GM and all you Lansing plant workers! Great job!!

Favorite Features

Strong engine, smooth shifting and variable mode transmission, soft interior textures, seats are firm but not too soft, great driving position and instrumentation. I can read the information center screen even in bright sun!

Suggested Improvements

A place to put my cell phone in the console, more storage bins in the trunk, a locking fuel cover, an overhead sunglass compartment, manual shift option on auto and a larger glove box. All piddling complaints.

2004 Cadillac CTS
By Dr. Robert Tesch

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

A very nice looking car. As a previous cadillac holder, I expected a more luxurious interior with more amenities.Had to purchase the available packages but it appears stripped with a lower price to attract new younger purchasers. Car is small inside but very enjoyable to drive. Not really the best sedan for company in the rear as it is cramped.Nevertheless,very enjoyable in the city and to park.

Favorite Features

The car handles beautifully and has an attractive exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Make the car wider and with more room in the back.

Cool Car
By indy4

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I got this car with every option and I have been extremely impressed. The look and drive are excellent. I have had BMWs and this car replaced a Mercedes SLK. It is as good as these vehicles. It is much larger inside then the 330 which I considered before this purchase. The road noise is almost non-existence in the car. I was a little concerned about the quality but have been pleasantly surprised. This car is rocket with 260 horsepower. It really is responsive to drive input.

Favorite Features

The navigation system is awesome and I would never buy another car without XM radio again. The ability to command the car by voice is pretty cool to. I really like the climate control as compared to Mercedes. The technology in this car is world class.

Suggested Improvements

A better feel to door when closing. Crome exhaust tips. More wood on the dash, for $44,000 the interior could look more sophisticate. Over all this car is very impressive.

Cadillac & GM should be very pleased!!
By RJMBTU

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Great accelleration & solid handling make for an excellent car. Very happy to own and love the looks and the cool interior.

Favorite Features

Integrated XM Radio & DVD navigation System.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can see with the 7000+ miles I have on the car.

Wow!!
By chaz_praz

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I'm a 28 year old bachelor, never in a million years did I think I'd be driving a Caddy. Thank you GM for making your products competitive in a crowded market, it feels good to get behind the wheel of an American car. As for the vehicle, tons of value for the money over BMW's and Audi's. Fast, nimble and has a great purr when you throttle it.

Favorite Features

Interior Design, Silver Smoke color, sharp lines throughout

Suggested Improvements

Softer leather seats, okay I know it's not a Park Avenue!!!