Used 2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (199 reviews )

Awesome car
By eots44

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

First of all there is more than one trim level and engine option. I have the top trim level one with the upgraded 3.6 L and all wheel drive with the gold emblem package. Love every thing about the car I have bought other cars since this one but love it so much I kept it and still use it. Here 9 years later and about 180,000 miles she is still running strong and fun as hell to drive. I remember when I first test drove it I was in disbelief it was a caddy. Ive owned and remember the devilles, sevilles, and fleetwoods big floaty land yachts, but this is small and sporty, something I used to think wasn't in Cadillacs vocabulary.

Everything but in particular the upgraded 3.6 L so worth the extra money.

The dash is so plasticky and hollow compared to other Cadillacs.

Lots of Perfomance for the Dollar
By 04cts

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I'm very happy with this car! The V6 the 5-speed is a blast. Everyone who rides in it is surprised with the style, ride and sportiness. Driving is fun again

This car is amazingly sporty in handling and performance. Excellent brakes. Masculine styling

Could use more interior room, the back seats are small. I'm disappointed with the gas mileage, a steady 22mph

Fun Ride
By jmrwest

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the '04 CTS Sport used in June '09. Had 86k at the time. Fun car to drive. Great performance. So far had to replace the water pump, and throttle body at about a $700 a clip. Seems to go thru tires pretty quick too. Put a new set on about 12k ago and they won't last until next inspection April '12. Overall, got a great deal on this car. Paid about $11k. Still can't believe I paid that amount for such a sweet ride. Very reliable. Have taken on long road trips and love the performance.

Performance. My kids can't believe the turns i take with this car. This car is glued to the road.

Have the Bose stereo and navigation system. Hit or miss if it's going to work or not. Some times the stereo acts up too. went out and bought a garmin. was cheaper to buy than fix the navigation.

Car from HELL
By newregal

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased a new 04 cts which was my 15th new auto. It came from a Stephen King flick i think. Everything was changed out on it but the paint job and it had to be redone. I never had a car that had the instrument panel replaced before. I gave GM so much trouble they even made a monthly payment for me. Cadillac is the most overpriced car made. I would not buy another Cad at ANY PRICE. I don't have time for the problems. The dealer kept it more than i did. After 40,000 I finally justified getting rid of my problem. I traded the car from HELL. It actually made it to the new car dealer that i traded it to.

When i had it at my house it looked good.

Stop making cadillacs and save alot of people from having the same trouble and frustation that I had.

Sporty Nightmare
By Z28west

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

It's very fun to drive, and fast for a V6. Looks great and turns heads. Great interior. However it gets terrible mileage for a V6. I get 24 on highway if I'm lucky. It burns about a quart every 1000 miles! It is worthless in snow and ice. My transmission went out at 95,000 miles. $5000 for a new one installed at the dealership. When I step on my brakes the car shimmies and shakes back and forth. Had to replace a brake caliper at 75,000 miles $850! Basically it's a unreliable gas/oil burning expensive piece of crap that I can only use half of the year if the transmission wasn't broken! Spare yourself a headache and steer clear! Its looks ARE deceiving!

Interior, all auto power down and up windows, performance.

Sell vehicle and get a Chevrolet.