LOVE the car but it's had its problems
By ideal_dreams on
2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)
My parents bought me an '03 luxury model CTS for my 16th birthday and I've been driving it for two years now. For 10 years old, it still looks great and in style, however it has had its share of problems. I have had to replace the rear O2 sensor. The camshaft and crankshaft position sensors on the engine also both went bad, which made the car stall randomly after running for a while. It was also leaking fluid onto the exhaust manifold which caused a bad burning smell when the heat was on, which was an expensive fix. Handles OK in the winter, but I wasn't able to make it up a snow covered hill. Great car but it's showing its age under the hood.
Favorite Features
Safety features, sport driving mode (which provides great acceleration), heated seats, seat position memory recall, driver information center, OnStar. Has great handling. 6 CD changer is nice.
Suggested Improvements
I have no suggestions; this car is a first generation CTS and is 10 years old. There are two generations ahead of it that have probably fixed many of the issues.