2003 Cadillac CTS Consumer Review: Frustrating Problems

2003 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.2L V6 5-speed Manual)

Frustrating Problems
By c_rey4 on

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used with 38k miles and a clean CARFAX report. I was very happy with the vehicle until I hit the 58k mile mark. My check engine light came on at this point and I discovered my thermostat quit working. After doing some research online, I found this is an overwhelmingly common issue. Before I got the car in to be repaired, the engine started making a terrible "wobble" noise. All of the bearings went bad on the front of the engine. I decided to replace the thermostat, tensioner pulley, and water pump myself. 5k miles later and my thermostat is bad again. My AC compressor seized at 70k miles as I was driving on the highway. $2k in repairs this year alone and I did the work...

When it's running error free, it's a smooth ride. Good amount of power. Comfortable. Sharp exterior.

Build quality - cheap parts used intermittently in the engine and in the interior. Leather quality. I drove a coworkers 2008 CTS and they've improved many of these issues; why did they wait 5 years to do so though?

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review