Used 2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (265 reviews )

Thought I'd Love my CTS...
By Kvincent

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Got it with low mileage, seemed to be in great condition. With in a few months of the warranty being up I had several issues. My airbag light came on, thermostat shot, both brake lines blew on 2 separate occasions costing me over $100 in tows, had a quote of $875 for all 4 brakes and rotors...the list goes on. I will say it is a beautifully styled car and is easy to fall in love with, just needs to be mechanically built better.

Exterior styling

Entire engine.

Great up to 50,000 miles
By GW

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased new July 2003. Loved the body style, American made, and fit my bad back perfectly (very little lumbar support). Great sound system with the Bose, complicated dash settings but ok, and after a Lexus 400 (new), Mercedes S series (new), and everything from Grand Prix's to Infiniti's, I was pleased. At 50,000 miles the problems started. Cost $500 to replace a bad thermostat, and it seems the repairs increase every month. I'm at 65,000 miles and ready to sell.

Still a good look and drive, although I made a huge mistake not getting the sport package. Too cushy without it, and a little too much lean. I like a drivers car, and this is borderline.

Quality. Geez, make a turn signal bulb that doesn't require a lift to replace, and a headlight replacement that doesn't require dismantling the front end.

Like throwing $ away
By Mark

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I can not begin to say how disappointed I am with this car. As soon as the warranty expired it has cost nothing but money and time. My average annual repair bill in in excess of $3000 and the average repair takes 3 to 4 days to get corrected due to misdiagnostics by the shop technicians. This on a car with less than 100,000 miles on the odometer. I completely understand why GMC is on the verge of bankruptcy. And my forgiveness to those who will lose their jobs when they finally close the doors, but if you build junk and offer bad service you don't deserve to be in business. My experinece with this car has been so bad I will never buy another vehicle from the Big 3. Ever!

Fun to drive those few times there hasn't been something broken or lose.

Quality. Engineering. Electrical System. Brakes. Dealer Service. Where should I end.

Most comfortable car I have ever had
By reynolt

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

For the price of the car, this is the most comfortable car I've been in. I purchased as a used car at 40k, been driving it for 2 yrs, now at 85k. Gets ~30mpg if I keep it at 55, 25mpg at 75, still smooth riding & handling at 100mph. Seats, stereo, handling are the best. Got kids toys stuck under seat & messed up seat heaters, dealer fixed under warranty anyway.

Heated seats, dual climate control, BOSE stereo, handling at high speeds, stability control system. Large screen for navigation, dvd, and stereo.

Dealer only replaces parts, no FIXING anymore, windshield replacement $900 is too much. Traction control in snow is marginal.

All around great car!
By Cooper

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

We bought this vehicle used, and were very leery at first (not knowing the history). This car has been nothing but dependable and fun! Great gas mileage, too! Plus, by purchasing used, we have a lower monthly car payment, lower car insurance, and lower personal property taxes. The 2003 model still looks like the later models. Plus, it is American made! This car is a win-win situation for us! We would highly recommend this car (2003 CTS) to anyone.

Commanding exterior, heated leather seats, Bose stereo with tape/6 CD's, sunroof, enough leg room in backseat for a 6 ft 2 in tall man, power seats, OnStar, abundance of airbags front and rear

Smoother ride, it is a sport car so I am told it will ride a little tighter & rough