2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (265 reviews )
Fun Time
By Eddie Mac on 04/20/05 17:05 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Have used as everyday car. Its fun, travels well and has had no problems at all. Wish I had bough this car sooner. Handles well, looks great and is a blast to drive. Plenty of trunk space for single guy.

Best Car Ever
By Scott on 02/18/05 01:57 AM (PST)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I love my 2003 Cadillac CTS. I have had no problems with it. It is fun to drive and handles great. It is a little light on horse power, but it looks like they have corrected that in the newer models.

Cadillac is back
By Caddyman on 02/11/05 21:03 PM (PST)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

What can you say... Cadillac is back. I give my 2003 Cadillac CTS five stars all around. It blows away the imports. I have never had any problems with this car. It is a blast to Drive. I can’t wait to get the V-Series. I can’t imagine anybody not loving this car or having any problems. It is simply the best.

Are my problems yours too?
By lisah on 01/01/05 15:14 PM (PST)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my Cadillac CTS in March 2004. I love the design but hate the dependability. I have been in the shop 4 different times with the same problem: the engine light goes on and there is no power (the car hesitates). The dealership has been wonderful but can't find a problem!!?? I am paying for a Cadillac, but driving a loaner more often (30 days +) I am thinking of looking at the Lemon Law quickly to get out of this mistake before we are out of warranty. I shouldn't have purchased a first year model I guess. But I must say the dealership has been wonderful.

Fun to drive
By Steve on 12/19/04 01:16 AM (PST)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Fun to drive vehicle with excellent build quality. Tight suspension, but not uncomfortable. Holds to the road.

Solid car - no problems
By CTS owner on 12/03/04 09:34 AM (PST)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

My 2003 Cadillac CTS is a good car. I purchased it two years ago with the Luxury and Sport packages. I really can't complain about anything, other than the fact that the plastic caps on the wheel lugs fell off (dealer/warranty fixed). Other than this I have not experienced any mechanical problems in 20,000 miles. For those who want an American car, this is a serious competitor for the German imports.

I HATE THIS CAR!
By I HATE THIS CAR! on 11/13/04 15:56 PM (PST)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this car in Oct. 2003. In a year, this car has been in the shop 7 times. It first started out as "little" non-mechanical problems. The remote keyless entry quit working. Stereo has been replaced twice. Car was stuck in park (related to a problem with the brakelights, go figure!) Back carpet soaked from air conditioning drainage. Now car having problems starting. Dealer had for a week and couldn't figure out what the problem was. Said we needed to wait for it to become "more broke". Now besides the starting problem, car dies at traffic lights. Totally unreliable!! Have been stranded 5 times in the last week! Has depreciated $10,000 value in 1 year. Ridiculous!

unfortunately a poor investment
By firstcaddy on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this car with the intent of owning for at least 10yrs, and after less than two, I'm worried it might not make it to 5yrs. Problems that have been fixed (thankfully under warranty): anti-freeze leak (bad cooler), fuel delivery problem (bad engine thermostat), no heat (bad vacuum to heater bypass valve), oil leak (bad oil pump), snapped clutch spring (replaced clutch assembly). Problems that the dealer says are "normal" and can't fix: random clicking of CD player, CD player doesn't work 100 percent, clocks not in sync, engine misses at random (not speed or gear dependent), and the clutch now pops/clicks at random while engaging in 1st gear.

One of the Best!
By mnywmn1 on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Over the past five years I've owned five Lexus' including the ES300, GS300 and RX300, a Mercedes 240, and an Infinity Q45. (Love to trade cars!) The CTS is by far the most enjoyable car I've owned in a long time. It's great styling and quick manuevering make it a great car for me. I bought a black CTS with light grey leather interior. The only thing I will change is to add the complete wood trim package to add to the gearshift knob and steering wheel.

Sexy-Dumb Blonde of the Car World
By Molly7601 on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have decided that this car is definetly the "dumb blonde of the car world." It is incredily sexy, however, its substance is yet to be determined. I am secretly hoping it will prove me wrong, since I am somewhat blonde myself. Maybe this will be the first time in history a manufactirer has made a sexy car that is reliable...then again, I will not hold my breath. I can not even begin to tell you how many "heads" my black sport model has turned. Having owned a number of German imports, I am definetly impressed with its handling. I really want this baby to prove all the import snobs wrong...come on baby...let's go!