Used 2003 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews - 266 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

2003 Cadillac CTS

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (266 reviews )

More Cadillac Junk
By sucker

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

This was a very exciting purchase for my family because it was our first Cadillac. We bought it used because we couldnt afford a new CTS. We quickly found out we couldnt afford a used CTS either. These cars have a lengthy list of faults from engine design to creature comforts. The biggest fault the vehicle has would have to be the extensive use of electronics and other devices that are not needed, however if these units fail, the car doesnt run. Anytime anyone touchs a Cadillac for repair, plan on a minimum of $1000. Better yet, pass on the Caddie and buy a normal car. The Cadillac name is not made from quality anymore.

The favorite feature was the body lines of CTS. It had great lines and good feal for a four door.

The biggest improvement GM can make is to kill the Cadillac name all together and hope for one of the other car manufacturers to bail out GM. Cadillac is not made to quality.

Thought I'd Love my CTS...
By Kvincent

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Got it with low mileage, seemed to be in great condition. With in a few months of the warranty being up I had several issues. My airbag light came on, thermostat shot, both brake lines blew on 2 separate occasions costing me over $100 in tows, had a quote of $875 for all 4 brakes and rotors...the list goes on. I will say it is a beautifully styled car and is easy to fall in love with, just needs to be mechanically built better.

Exterior styling

Entire engine.

Great up to 50,000 miles
By GW

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased new July 2003. Loved the body style, American made, and fit my bad back perfectly (very little lumbar support). Great sound system with the Bose, complicated dash settings but ok, and after a Lexus 400 (new), Mercedes S series (new), and everything from Grand Prix's to Infiniti's, I was pleased. At 50,000 miles the problems started. Cost $500 to replace a bad thermostat, and it seems the repairs increase every month. I'm at 65,000 miles and ready to sell.

Still a good look and drive, although I made a huge mistake not getting the sport package. Too cushy without it, and a little too much lean. I like a drivers car, and this is borderline.

Quality. Geez, make a turn signal bulb that doesn't require a lift to replace, and a headlight replacement that doesn't require dismantling the front end.

Like throwing $ away
By Mark

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I can not begin to say how disappointed I am with this car. As soon as the warranty expired it has cost nothing but money and time. My average annual repair bill in in excess of $3000 and the average repair takes 3 to 4 days to get corrected due to misdiagnostics by the shop technicians. This on a car with less than 100,000 miles on the odometer. I completely understand why GMC is on the verge of bankruptcy. And my forgiveness to those who will lose their jobs when they finally close the doors, but if you build junk and offer bad service you don't deserve to be in business. My experinece with this car has been so bad I will never buy another vehicle from the Big 3. Ever!

Fun to drive those few times there hasn't been something broken or lose.

Quality. Engineering. Electrical System. Brakes. Dealer Service. Where should I end.

Most comfortable car I have ever had
By reynolt

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

For the price of the car, this is the most comfortable car I've been in. I purchased as a used car at 40k, been driving it for 2 yrs, now at 85k. Gets ~30mpg if I keep it at 55, 25mpg at 75, still smooth riding & handling at 100mph. Seats, stereo, handling are the best. Got kids toys stuck under seat & messed up seat heaters, dealer fixed under warranty anyway.

Heated seats, dual climate control, BOSE stereo, handling at high speeds, stability control system. Large screen for navigation, dvd, and stereo.

Dealer only replaces parts, no FIXING anymore, windshield replacement $900 is too much. Traction control in snow is marginal.