2003 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (265 reviews )
Fun till 47,000 Miles
By Lynne Barr on 06/03/06 12:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

My CTS developed a problem with the computer. Neither the dealer nor the factory could find the problem until the 13th try. They claim it's fixed, but the problem put me and my family at risk. It is now parked. I will payoff the lease, as they did not offer to take it back. I don't have the time to get a lawyer to fight with them to terminate my lease. GM has lost another customer. I did get credit from my new dealer to pay them off.

Performance, Comfort & Style, The CTS!
By J. Walsh on 05/11/06 09:56 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2003 Cadillac CTS in July of 2005. This was my third Cadillac purchase in six years and without a doubt, the best and most satisfying one of all. This car has all the luxury options and a superior level of comfort of which Cadillac built their reputation on, plus the performance matching any of the European luxury sedans I've driven. The acceleration and response are fantastic. I can't wait until they come out with an automatic transmission in the new CTS-V series. At 400 hp's it must be a thrill to drive.

Fun and comfortable car
By Boomdog on 03/30/06 19:12 PM (PST)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

The Cadillac CTS is a fun car to drive, very comfortable as well. It handles very well. You can drive this car like a traditional Caddy, or turn it on and drive it like a sports car.

Nothing but Trouble
By cheryl on 01/12/06 19:07 PM (PST)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

My title says it all. I have had absolutely nothing but trouble with my CTS since purchasing it in 2005. The fuel system, the slave cylinder, the air compressor, just to name a few things that have gone out and left me stranded.

Lots of Looks
By PTL on 01/12/06 00:37 AM (PST)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used and have loved it ever since. Love the 5-speed smooth auto. transmission. The CTS can move and corners great. The Navigation / radio / CD system is easy to use. The glove box is the only thing that is poorly designed , it is rather useless except for housing your owner's manual. The trunk space is large and easy to load and unload.

Great Bang for Buck
By rpfromcp on 12/14/05 12:14 PM (PST)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with 40,000 miles on it. I have had it for a year and it has been a joy to own and drive. The suspension is firm but not punishing and it handles great. It's not super fast but it does move when you step on the gas. I have owned the car for more than a year and the only problem was an overactive stability control system. I drove to the dealership and they fixed immediately in less than 30 minutes. I do a lot of driving and so far it has been totally reliable. It even did pretty well in the snow. I have gotten a lot of compliments on this car. It looks and runs great and I would highly recommend it.

The Worst Mistake I Ever Made
By Tristine M Currier on 07/13/05 07:54 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this car 4 months. The following is a list of problems. (keep in mind that I bought it from the Cadillac dealer in my town). *Indicates that I have brought it in multiple times for the same issue. -Passenger side electrical not working. -Cracked valve in engine (2.5 week repair) *Power steering rod needed to be replaced. *Cruise control shuts off. *Stability system constantly engages. *Sunroof opens, closes, adjusts, on own. *Trunk pops open on own. *Knocking noise in front end. *Breaks sometimes don't work when traveling at high speeds. -Odometer reads that I have driven 10k miles in the 3 months that I've been driving. Absolutley wrong!

Cadillac CTS
By demetria on 07/10/05 19:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

My 2003 Cadillac CTS has been having problems every since I brought it in 2002. Now it's having engine problems. I bought a lemon.

Love my caddy
By 03caddy on 05/19/05 15:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I was apprehensive about buying the car b/c I know the catera was such a dud. But the cadillac certified warranty and the $12K in depreciation convinced me to buy this car used. I have had no problems with it. Best fit and finish I have ever seen on American car, very tight panel gaps. Handling is on par w/ 535 bimmer I once had and absolutely blows it away off the line. Gets front rowed every time I valet. Interior is a little tight but very warm with full wood pkg. Love the bose/nav radio. hate the traction control and stabilitrac systems, they take away from the fun factor of having RWD. also needs a hand brake instead of foot brake.

Awesome
By Tom Smith on 05/10/05 11:50 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I saw the 2003 Cadillac CTS on TV and said "that's what I'm buying." I leased one a month later and love it. My lease is up in November 2005. I am purchasing a 2005 model without even a test drive. The only thing that I do not like is the Goodyear tires. They wore very badly even with proper rotation.