Used 2003 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (266 reviews )

Fun to drive
By Friend

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car and is considering replacing it with a newer CTS model.

Performance on ice/ snow

The Best of The Best
By Noah Hill

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle used. It was a very high mileage, but I got a steal. It has over 200k, runs like a dream. The CTS combines the luxury of a Benz with the handling and power of a BMW.

Steering wheel controls, Sports handling

Foolishness
By L. Hodge

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the pre-owned car in March 2006 with around 16,000-22,000 miles on it. The first few years were ok, except I had to purchased tires the next year!(gross), anyway, I have had problems after problems after problems! Now, for the fourth time on today I had to get a tow truck to tow it into the dealer in Greenbelt, MD. I need a timing belt, which will cost 1,500. It's has been the worst car besides the Volvo I had long time ago, that I have ever driven! No more cadillacs for me! thank god. Never will I purchase a cadillac again! No way, hosay!! No more cars, period!! Dissatisfied to death!! (Mad, angry, frustrated, whatever!!

None right now

Everything

To think, I was looking for a p/u truck!
By Angela

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Saw a used CTS in a dealer's lot - I was actually looking for a pick-up truck. I took a test drive, just for fun. Dismissed it at first, because I never saw myself as a Cadillac owner. From looking over many other vehicles, I bought the Cadillac. Biggest misconception is people think its an 8- cyl., which GM needs to highlight. Fuel efficiency could be better, but it IS a 'sports' car, nothing like the whip your grandpa drove. One minor repair in seven months, but I got a good deal and an ext. warranty in a bad economy. The dark red looks sharp and I'm happy. Remember, the WAY someone drives can affect the reliability of a car. Be good to it and it will probably be good to you. :)

Styling and handling are great. The truck space is remarkable in a car this size. For a 6-cyl., the thing takes off, and no one believes its an '03!

Radio and programming for eletric seats could be more user friendly. Hub caps had a little patterned oxydation, but it looks like a manufacturing defect.

Lots of Miles, Lots of Fun
By Casey

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I am surprised to read so many reviews with people having problems with their CTS'. I have put over 100k miles since purchasing mine used almost 4 years ago. It now has 155,000+ miles on it and I am just now having to replace the fuel pump. Other than that, no significant problems. My 03 still looks great and gets plenty of compliments.

Tons of airbags, Bose stereo system with 6 disc changer, optional "Sport" mode, heated seats, power memory driver seat, OnStar, controls in steering wheel.

The rear center brake light casing has popped off a couple of times. Expensive from the dealership, but not too bad on ebay.

• SUV