2003 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (265 reviews )
Love My CTS
By Jazzmon on 05/02/07 12:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

My overall impression is very good and consider it a great value for the money. It does handle like a dream. Brakes are excellent. Best car I've ever driven in the rain, solid feel. High intensity headlights are great. Fuel economy 20 city, 28 highway is a pleasant suprise, especially at today's prices. I would like more horsepower but find the 220hp engine acceptible. Would seriously consider another when the time comes.

Reliability Less Than Expected
By Alan on 02/15/07 16:47 PM (PST)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

As soon as I reached the end of the 4 year warranty, my CTS has been nothing but trouble. I have been to the repair shop so often, the customer service reps recognizes my voice and asks "What now?". Since the 1st of October the right engine gaskets failed at 48,000 miles. Then in November and December there were electrical problems with OnStar and the brake and tail lights. In January '07 it was the left side engine gaskets. Now in February the air bag service warning light is on. GM will go bankrupt fixing these cars with the longer warranty period. All I can say to prospective buyers is "BEWARE".

Safe Used Car
By Steve on 12/30/06 12:00 PM (PST)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

When looking for a used car for our daughter, we selected a used CTS. Our feeling that it is the best buy for the money. It provides more value than anything new in our budget. It gets 27 mpg on the road. The CTS has a very solid ride, great brakes, and it delivers outstanding performance in sport mode that rivals anything on the road today. We are tall and the higher roof line is important. The trunk is OK, but another couple inches in length here would be better.

Mysterious Noise
By William Strachan on 12/20/06 13:20 PM (PST)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I love my car, however since the first time I drove it above 60 MPH there was an extreme howling noise that appears to come from either the sunroof or somewhere across the dash board. After several test drives especially with hearing challenged mechanic a new differential was installed with no luck. The noise sounds like a cross between a worn bearing or a strong wind across some metal vanes. It gets progressively loud when the outside winds are anywhere from 15 to 20 MPH or my vehicle speed reaches 60 mph and above. It's unbearable when ever I take a trip on the road. I have to turn the music up in order to drown out the sound.It's a shame that mechanics are not troubleshooters.

Great Car
By Gary on 11/25/06 16:19 PM (PST)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

My faith in GM has been rebuilt with this car. The overall quality is excellent, it is fun to drive, it is economical and, it is high dependable. I now have 65,000 trouble free miles on it. Yes, I do have wind noise from the sunroof but that is it for negatives.

Excellent Car
By Gus Solana on 11/15/06 15:39 PM (PST)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have had no problems with this car in almost four years. I just had to change a stop light bulb. I love my CTS.

2003 CTS Tire Noise
By Paul on 08/31/06 15:41 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I've had problems with abnormal tire wear and very annoying tire noise. The dealership says there's not a problem. I replaced the original Goodyear tires with new Goodyears because the dealeship said tire noise & abnormal tire wear was due to my not rotating tires every 6,000 miles. The new tires have less than 6,000 miles on them and are already noisy. I think there's an alignment problem that GM needs to address.

Overall Pleased
By Ray on 08/21/06 11:27 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle was the largest of the entry-level sports sedans that were available, and I'm glad that I got this over smaller competitors (G35, Audi A4, etc.). The ride is excellent. I had a few reliability problems, but the dealer took care of them.

CTS review
By greg on 08/04/06 13:21 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Cadillac CST. It has great looks, is comfortable for long drives., and delivers great performance.

Problems
By james anderson on 07/24/06 18:26 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

My 2003 Cadillac CTS has had power window problems that cost $700, it needed new struts that cost $400, and it needed a new battery that cost over $100 and was hard to find. It is in the shop now getting a new A/C compressor, which probably will cost another $1,000.