2003 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (265 reviews )
The Best of The Best
By Noah Hill on 07/06/09 13:17 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle used. It was a very high mileage, but I got a steal. It has over 200k, runs like a dream. The CTS combines the luxury of a Benz with the handling and power of a BMW.

Foolishness
By L. Hodge on 07/01/09 06:17 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the pre-owned car in March 2006 with around 16,000-22,000 miles on it. The first few years were ok, except I had to purchased tires the next year!(gross), anyway, I have had problems after problems after problems! Now, for the fourth time on today I had to get a tow truck to tow it into the dealer in Greenbelt, MD. I need a timing belt, which will cost 1,500. It's has been the worst car besides the Volvo I had long time ago, that I have ever driven! No more cadillacs for me! thank god. Never will I purchase a cadillac again! No way, hosay!! No more cars, period!! Dissatisfied to death!! (Mad, angry, frustrated, whatever!!

To think, I was looking for a p/u truck!
By Angela on 06/14/09 05:29 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Saw a used CTS in a dealer's lot - I was actually looking for a pick-up truck. I took a test drive, just for fun. Dismissed it at first, because I never saw myself as a Cadillac owner. From looking over many other vehicles, I bought the Cadillac. Biggest misconception is people think its an 8- cyl., which GM needs to highlight. Fuel efficiency could be better, but it IS a 'sports' car, nothing like the whip your grandpa drove. One minor repair in seven months, but I got a good deal and an ext. warranty in a bad economy. The dark red looks sharp and I'm happy. Remember, the WAY someone drives can affect the reliability of a car. Be good to it and it will probably be good to you. :)

Lots of Miles, Lots of Fun
By Casey on 06/10/09 16:51 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I am surprised to read so many reviews with people having problems with their CTS'. I have put over 100k miles since purchasing mine used almost 4 years ago. It now has 155,000+ miles on it and I am just now having to replace the fuel pump. Other than that, no significant problems. My 03 still looks great and gets plenty of compliments.

More Cadillac Junk
By sucker on 04/27/09 11:02 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

This was a very exciting purchase for my family because it was our first Cadillac. We bought it used because we couldnt afford a new CTS. We quickly found out we couldnt afford a used CTS either. These cars have a lengthy list of faults from engine design to creature comforts. The biggest fault the vehicle has would have to be the extensive use of electronics and other devices that are not needed, however if these units fail, the car doesnt run. Anytime anyone touchs a Cadillac for repair, plan on a minimum of $1000. Better yet, pass on the Caddie and buy a normal car. The Cadillac name is not made from quality anymore.

Thought I'd Love my CTS...
By Kvincent on 04/21/09 22:57 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Got it with low mileage, seemed to be in great condition. With in a few months of the warranty being up I had several issues. My airbag light came on, thermostat shot, both brake lines blew on 2 separate occasions costing me over $100 in tows, had a quote of $875 for all 4 brakes and rotors...the list goes on. I will say it is a beautifully styled car and is easy to fall in love with, just needs to be mechanically built better.

Great up to 50,000 miles
By GW on 04/12/09 18:08 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased new July 2003. Loved the body style, American made, and fit my bad back perfectly (very little lumbar support). Great sound system with the Bose, complicated dash settings but ok, and after a Lexus 400 (new), Mercedes S series (new), and everything from Grand Prix's to Infiniti's, I was pleased. At 50,000 miles the problems started. Cost $500 to replace a bad thermostat, and it seems the repairs increase every month. I'm at 65,000 miles and ready to sell.

Like throwing $ away
By Mark on 03/12/09 13:30 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I can not begin to say how disappointed I am with this car. As soon as the warranty expired it has cost nothing but money and time. My average annual repair bill in in excess of $3000 and the average repair takes 3 to 4 days to get corrected due to misdiagnostics by the shop technicians. This on a car with less than 100,000 miles on the odometer. I completely understand why GMC is on the verge of bankruptcy. And my forgiveness to those who will lose their jobs when they finally close the doors, but if you build junk and offer bad service you don't deserve to be in business. My experinece with this car has been so bad I will never buy another vehicle from the Big 3. Ever!

Most comfortable car I have ever had
By reynolt on 03/01/09 08:44 AM (PST)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

For the price of the car, this is the most comfortable car I've been in. I purchased as a used car at 40k, been driving it for 2 yrs, now at 85k. Gets ~30mpg if I keep it at 55, 25mpg at 75, still smooth riding & handling at 100mph. Seats, stereo, handling are the best. Got kids toys stuck under seat & messed up seat heaters, dealer fixed under warranty anyway.

All around great car!
By Cooper on 02/24/09 20:43 PM (PST)

2003 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

We bought this vehicle used, and were very leery at first (not knowing the history). This car has been nothing but dependable and fun! Great gas mileage, too! Plus, by purchasing used, we have a lower monthly car payment, lower car insurance, and lower personal property taxes. The 2003 model still looks like the later models. Plus, it is American made! This car is a win-win situation for us! We would highly recommend this car (2003 CTS) to anyone.