2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (265 reviews )
NOT YOUR GRAND DADS CADDY
By ROBERT HAMMOCK on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

ONLY HAVE HAD THE CAR A WEEK I BOUGHT IF FOR MY WIFE AS HER DAILY DRIVER. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET HOME TO TAKE IT FOR A SPIN!!!! I PUT INTO D4 AND THE S MODE AND FLOORED IT IT WAS UPTO 80 MI PR HOUR IN LESS THAN 8 SECONDS (WOW) I PROMISE YOU , YOU FIND A CAR ON THE MARKET THAT IS THIS FUN TO DRIVE WITH THE SAME QUIET RIDE AND SOFT RIDE AS THE CTS THIS IS COMING FROM A EX BMW 528 OWNER FOR A 11K LESS

Cadillac Met Its Goal
By Mike H. on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Beautiful automobile. Doesn't compare to any prior cadillac I've owned. Handling and power are excellent. Luxury sport option is worth it. A very enjoyable automobile to drive. Has attracted more attention than any automobile I've ever owned. Looks better than Mercedes and BMW.

Cadillac CTS sharp, fun to drive
By hgold1 on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Great style, terrific handling, good power. I shopped the M/B c240, BMW 3 series, Lexus 300 series and Infinity I 35. The CTS was the nicest looking (if you like the style) had the best handling and more bells and whistles for almost the same price as the others.

A car that fits
By Kiran on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have been shopping for a new car for over a year now. yes that is anal but I need a car to fit like a glove in terms of performance and style. The car you drive says a lot about who you are. After I test drove a CTS I knew this is the vehicle for me. Flashy "new age" styling unavailable from anyone else, quick acceleration, tight handling, nice ride that combines comfort and performance. Some people have been complaining about the style of the interior but I totally disagree. It is well thought out and has a cool look to it. Why have another car on the market that has a flat center to its dash. Power is great for me with my 5 speed. I never feel like there is a lack of power.

CTS leaves some things off
By Jack Watters on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

After getting use to more engine noise and tighter suspension and steering I've begine to like to drive this car. BUT Caddy left some things out: the glove box light with no option for one and the right hand wiper stalk is too close to the steering wheel. It's too easy to start the wipers when you don't want to. They also decided that double sun visors for forward and side weren't necessary. WRONG! It would also have been nice if the insterment panel had back lighting all the time. It is hard to read driving into the sun with no back light. Rough pavement noise is louder than it should be for a Caddy.

WOW! Not your Daddy's Caddy
By Kurt Hundertmark on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Just got the Luxury/Sport, and yeah, I got the orange one. Turns heads (actually snaps necks) everywhere I go. Car is incredibly solid. Sticks like velcro with very little roll. Steering is ultra-responsive. The sport-shift mode is a hoot - really winds out the V- 6. This car loves to be pushed. Can't figure the single, unadorned exhaust pipe. With all that styling, how did they miss putting in duals with styled tips? Interior is comfortable - nice but not plush. Has lots of "gee-whiz" features that I'll never use. The radio display is a little overwhelming, and I'd rather see gauges instead of a clock. Bose 6-speaker stereo is very good.

Why a CTS over a Euro or an Asian Car?
By kaneb on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I test drove many cars, read consumer reports and pushed Internet fleet sales managers to madness for their lowest price for over a year. I took my time to find the car that fits my lifestyle (you don't need an SUV). My friends have BMW 3 Series, Mercedes 240 and Lexus IS/GS so I got a free test drive from them. I spun the Acura Sports and Nissan Altima as well as a few salesman around the block at local dealerships.

GREAT!
By Ralph#$ on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

GREAT!

Seriously kick-ass Caddy.
By Mr. Mak on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

At 27, I am younger than the audience Cadillac perhaps envisioned for this car. Yet it is people my age that really dig the CTS. Short overhangs and a sharp aggressive stance make the CTS look like it means business. It's one part WRX, one part BMW and two parts 60’s Cadillac. The end result is simply bad-ass. It backs up the assertive looks with one of the best chassis’ in the world. Like a BMW, you have to drive it to understand just how well planted this car really is. The Getrag stick is excellent and the overall drive-train is well done. The interior fit and finish is solid, but the design is a little awkward. Overall though, it is a fantastic package.

CTS Review
By Gary Schimmelpfennig on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

More fun to drive than the 1999 Cadillac ElDorado Coupe I traded in.