2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (265 reviews )
Change is good
By calicadi on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

It was the exterior styling that snagged me. Read everything I could find on it for almost a year. Finally took a test drive and was sold. The size, balance and weight are properly handled by the engine, transmission and suspension. The interior is comfortable and functional, stylish without gimmickery. Fit and finish are excellent. Driving it is a real hoot. You can cruise around in regular auto mode or punch in the sport mode and get aggressive. It is hi-tech, so reading the owner's manual is a must, but the payoff is getting the most out of the experience. After checking out the German and Japanese offerings, and the Lincoln LS, I chose Cadillac.

THE ULTIMATE CAR
By BARBARA M. JOHNSON on 08/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

This is a truly beautiful vehicle. Great design appeal.I am amazed by the numerous comments that I receive from fellow drivers and walkers-nods of approval, thumbs up and requests for me to describe the car's features. The ride is smooth and it handles well. What a great choice for a 70 year old adventurer. Cadillac has a winner in the CTS.

CTS ! What a fun car to drive!!! Wow !
By Dr. M.A. Sharpe on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

This is definately not your grandpa's Caddy! This is the most fun car I've yet to own. I got all the goodies, but with the 5 speed. Great choice! Much better feeling of control than the Lexus 3-series, BMW 5-series, and Mercedes 2-series, all of which I've had. This is the first Cadillac I've owned, and I promise I'll be back for more. Very impressive, great design, nice sport/luxury feel. TURNS HEADS EVERYWHERE !! Only complaint is foot parking brake, instead of a hand brake. Too many moves to get brake on and in 1st or reverse to park. GM should fire the guy who designed that, but everybody else gets a 50% raise, and a company car...

what a car!!!
By kdave on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

this is by far the most beautiful design ever used on a car...it turns heads everywhere i go,the styling is just so unique its its incredible sometimes i wonder how they could make a design like this...and everything about it is great

Lovin my CTS
By pdrjr on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

When I was a kid Cadillacs were cool. By the time I was in college, they were living rooms on wheels. Now, Caddy is making a car that kicks butt, turns heads and competes with luxury imports. I'm an American. I want power, performance and bold styling. And I want to buy it from an American company, especially at a time when world opinion is decidedly anti US. The kids at the car wash tell me they love my CTS. People stop in parking lots to look it over, and slow down in traffic to get a better view. Break Through indeed.

My Lemon CTS
By jefferdmann on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I loved my car at first but between 2000 and 6000 miles it has been in the shop 6 times, the last three for a coolant leak. Cadillac has refused to replace my car insisting that they can repair the cracked head. I have retained a lemon law attorney who assures me I have a very strong case. Bob Lutz seemed to be making a difference with GM and especially Cadillac, unfortunately their quality problems appear to me to be reminisent of the 80's. I am so disapointed. I just turned 40,and I bought my first cadillac. Next time I will go with the BMW or Lexus.

Cadillac's first true sports sedan
By cigar_surfer on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Cadillac did their homework and nailed the essential qualities required to compete in this class, then went the extra mile and strode into uncharted territory of bold yet elegant styling. In keeping with the sport sedan credo, I opted for a 5 speed stick and lux sport. The car drives beautifully and handles like it's crazy glued to the road. You'll feel each undulation of pavement, but that's the way it should be. If you want to float down the road, try a DeVille. The ride is not harsh, and is very quiet. Engine is smooth, quiet and responsive. I feel the interior evokes just the right blend of luxury, ultra modern styling, and purposefull utility.

Awesome - in-a-word
By Awesome, in a word on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Awesome! So much is perfect about this car that I struggle to offer constructive critisism. Quiet, roomy, comfortable, racey, excellent handling and breaking, solid feel, aggressive styling - head turner! All of this and I'm in the 30's?! Cadillac is doing some good stuff here! If they keep this up, I'll never go back to BMW.

What a Car!!
By clish3 on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Outstanding!! I looked and looked beforeI settled on th CYs over a Benz. The car has lived up to my expections. It is a great ride , great performance and most importantly great craftmanship. This is my first GM model in 15 years and I'm back!! A classic car.

??
By R W Becker on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Difficult to master the electronics. Navigation system absolutely requires the instruction manual and is still difficult. OnStar cellular telephone service doesn't make sense at $ 1.00 per minute and a separate telephone number. The OnStart 30 minute demo time had nothing that worked correctly. Rear visability is very poor. Automatic Speed control buttons at the bottom of the steering wheel are not convienent.