Used 2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (265 reviews )

Overall good car, but has it's problems
By cts_owner1

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car two years ago with 123,000 miles on it, and it now has 155,000. Overall, pretty reliable as I do a lot of traveling back and forth to school. I've had to replace the timing belt, gas cap, brake lines, rotors, ball joints, drive shaft, bearings here and there and probably more that I can't think of. All are pretty expensive fixes and sometimes I wish I had a cheaper car. But gas mileage is great compared to any other on the market.

LOVE the car but it's had its problems
By ideal_dreams

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

My parents bought me an '03 luxury model CTS for my 16th birthday and I've been driving it for two years now. For 10 years old, it still looks great and in style, however it has had its share of problems. I have had to replace the rear O2 sensor. The camshaft and crankshaft position sensors on the engine also both went bad, which made the car stall randomly after running for a while. It was also leaking fluid onto the exhaust manifold which caused a bad burning smell when the heat was on, which was an expensive fix. Handles OK in the winter, but I wasn't able to make it up a snow covered hill. Great car but it's showing its age under the hood.

Safety features, sport driving mode (which provides great acceleration), heated seats, seat position memory recall, driver information center, OnStar. Has great handling. 6 CD changer is nice.

I have no suggestions; this car is a first generation CTS and is 10 years old. There are two generations ahead of it that have probably fixed many of the issues.

I miss my Pontiac Grand Prix, which as a better built car.
By originalsoul31

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

For 10 years, my dream car was the CTS. My Pontiac Grand Prix GT suffered a blown head gasket. Sold it for $600 and used the money as a down payment for the '03 CTS. Test drove it, loved it. The same day I left the car lot, problems arose. The oil pressure light came on, but that turned out to be a wet sensor. The next week, the check engine light comes on, it's a bad gas cap, fixed that after a few weeks of troubleshooting. Last week it shuts down on the freeway suddenly. Two months in and I still cant trust this car. Hopefully once I can get it right, I'll love it. But right now, it's making my '99 Grand Prix and '84 Toyota Tercel seem like better built cars.

Heated seats, good acceleration, runs quiet. Driver Information Center works well.

This car could have been made simpler under the hood, and more refined on the interior, which seems to have a cheap feel. It has too many overly-sensitive sensors. The mechanics and parts are too cheap and are expensive to fix.

Cadillac CTS 2003
By prluv03

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

MY CAR HAS 90,000 miles. Bought it 14 days from a used dealership with no warranty. The car has broken down and is complete trash. Took it to a local garage I trust, and they cant figure out whats wrong with the car, theyre suggesting to take it to cadillac they never sent me away before. Im so depressed, this car has so many problems, and my heat hasnt worked since I bought the car, i cant believe i am going through this i traded in my Pt Cruiser which everyone talks crap about it, but it never left me stranded!!! I never had issues with my PT Cruiser : ( I just want to cry i made the worst decision & purchase of my life. I am carless, to repair is going to be an arm and leg. I already kno

Radio, leather seats, back seat space.

Engine failures. Costs of repairs.

Ehhh
By meeshi

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

My parents bought this car when it first came out. and now 10 years later its mine. Im a senior in high school. From what i remember it had a lot of issues and still does. The a/c and heat haven't worked for almost a year. The engine has this weird low idle sensor that needs to be replaced. I would say that if you bought this car to get a real good warranty for it! The check engine light has been on since we got it! and so has the check air bag light.

The bose sound system is great! And i can honestly say its one of the fastest cars at my school. I've gotten it up to 120mph before lol. The ride seems pretty good and its got some pick me up.

The seats are not very comfortable after only a little while in it. It seems like every thing goes wrong with it.