2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (265 reviews )
Overall good car, but has it's problems
By cts_owner1 on 06/18/13 19:31 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car two years ago with 123,000 miles on it, and it now has 155,000. Overall, pretty reliable as I do a lot of traveling back and forth to school. I've had to replace the timing belt, gas cap, brake lines, rotors, ball joints, drive shaft, bearings here and there and probably more that I can't think of. All are pretty expensive fixes and sometimes I wish I had a cheaper car. But gas mileage is great compared to any other on the market.

LOVE the car but it's had its problems
By ideal_dreams on 05/30/13 17:00 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

My parents bought me an '03 luxury model CTS for my 16th birthday and I've been driving it for two years now. For 10 years old, it still looks great and in style, however it has had its share of problems. I have had to replace the rear O2 sensor. The camshaft and crankshaft position sensors on the engine also both went bad, which made the car stall randomly after running for a while. It was also leaking fluid onto the exhaust manifold which caused a bad burning smell when the heat was on, which was an expensive fix. Handles OK in the winter, but I wasn't able to make it up a snow covered hill. Great car but it's showing its age under the hood.

I miss my Pontiac Grand Prix, which as a better built car.
By originalsoul31 on 03/13/13 08:43 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

For 10 years, my dream car was the CTS. My Pontiac Grand Prix GT suffered a blown head gasket. Sold it for $600 and used the money as a down payment for the '03 CTS. Test drove it, loved it. The same day I left the car lot, problems arose. The oil pressure light came on, but that turned out to be a wet sensor. The next week, the check engine light comes on, it's a bad gas cap, fixed that after a few weeks of troubleshooting. Last week it shuts down on the freeway suddenly. Two months in and I still cant trust this car. Hopefully once I can get it right, I'll love it. But right now, it's making my '99 Grand Prix and '84 Toyota Tercel seem like better built cars.

Cadillac CTS 2003
By prluv03 on 12/05/12 12:13 PM (PST)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

MY CAR HAS 90,000 miles. Bought it 14 days from a used dealership with no warranty. The car has broken down and is complete trash. Took it to a local garage I trust, and they cant figure out whats wrong with the car, theyre suggesting to take it to cadillac they never sent me away before. Im so depressed, this car has so many problems, and my heat hasnt worked since I bought the car, i cant believe i am going through this i traded in my Pt Cruiser which everyone talks crap about it, but it never left me stranded!!! I never had issues with my PT Cruiser : ( I just want to cry i made the worst decision & purchase of my life. I am carless, to repair is going to be an arm and leg. I already kno

Ehhh
By meeshi on 04/17/12 17:48 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

My parents bought this car when it first came out. and now 10 years later its mine. Im a senior in high school. From what i remember it had a lot of issues and still does. The a/c and heat haven't worked for almost a year. The engine has this weird low idle sensor that needs to be replaced. I would say that if you bought this car to get a real good warranty for it! The check engine light has been on since we got it! and so has the check air bag light.

Amazing First Car!!
By ideal_dreams on 02/09/11 17:17 PM (PST)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I am 16 and have been eying the Cadillac brand ever since my dad bought his Escalade. I noticed the CTS and instantly fell in love. I found an '06 luxary model with a little over 70,000 miles on it and bought it. There are absolutely no problems with the car and I look forward to driving it every time I get in it. It's got some great pickup, especially with the sport button and it drives very well in the snow. I have no regrets of buying this car and would recommend it to anyone I talk to.

Sold on Cadillacs
By ctson22s on 01/25/11 11:47 AM (PST)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car with the money that I saved while in highschool. I first had an oldsmobile intrigue and that was a good first car but not anything amazing by any means. My family has always had plain vehicles and my dad wanted to keep it that way. He did not want me to get this car because he said i couldn't afford it for insurance and repairs. I saved up the cash and bought it outright. I love this car!!! I have had to put a thermostat....very expensive...and a coil pack on it. Repairs are very expensive but I have had no other problems and it runs very good! It drives excellent and the bose stereo is nice. I would recommend this car to anyone. I threw on some 22" rims & its still smooth

Biggest Lemon EVER
By Tracy on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car brand new. Within first year, rear end was replaced, water pump, radiator, and much more was replaced in first three years. Repairs on this car is extremely high. Everything but the motor and transmission has been replaced. I was hit and insurance totaled my car because it's so expensive to fix. I loved the car but not the hassle of it breaking down.

Not a lot of fun these days
By Ken Fowler on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have NOT had any air conditioning for the past 2+ years, line rusted and unit stopped, can't afford a new unit,Black car, 2010 and NO AIR. Today I stopped for groceries, while pulling into the parking lot my tranny line broke off the radiator. will cost $950.00 to repair, lines were rusted out. Now I see were there is a RECALL on the brakes lines? what about the other lines?

Great Car!
By Sharon on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased car new and have had only one repair on car in 7 years. Giving car to 22 year old niece who can't wait to own it. It has been a great car. I hope I don't regret giving it up!