I can't believe this is an American car
By neuronbob on
2009 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)
I am a 20-year loyal Honda/Acura buyer, so I bought this car with some trepidation as I have high expectations from my cars. I am NOT sorry I bought this car four months and 4500 miles ago, trading up from my beloved Acura RL. It lives up to EVERY bit of hype heaped upon it in the auto media. It is FAST, it is QUIET inside, the interior is high-quality, and the car is STEALTHY in that cops won't notice this car AT ALL. The torque is everywhere you want it to be. There are few buttons and they are large and intuitive. I didn't buy the car for gas mileage but it sure could use another gallon in the tank. Range is 240 miles in mixed 50-50 city/freeway driving, less when fooling around.
Favorite Features
STEALTH car! TORQUE everywhere; excellent exterior styling; relatively few buttons, simply laid out; regular seats are so comfortable; usable trunk; awesome brakes; large moonroof; Magnetic Ride Control; it drives like a Cadi when the wife is around, drives like a beast when she's not.
Suggested Improvements
Needs another gallon in the gas tank STAT; refine Bluetooth so that phone calls take fewer commands like in my previous Acura; locking gas cap; Edmunds needs to correct the review choices-- 2009 CTS-V has 6AT and 6MT, and I own the 6AT.