Used 2009 Cadillac CTS-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Cadillac Cts-v - Consumer Reviews

2009 Cadillac CTS-V

Base 6.2L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual - (22 reviews )

One Word: Wow!
By way2fun_lotus

2009 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I've owned a few high performance cars: 2 Gallardos, a Nissan GTR, BMW 550i, Lotus Elise, Maserati Gran Sport. Believe me when I say this car has more torque and is more fun to drive than all of the above, and it does it all with great style and comfort.

Favorite Features

Torque, interior fit and finish, exterior lines, handling.

Evo no Longer
By evonomore

2009 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

The vehicle is the only vehicle that could have made me purchase an American car. The power is incredible but it can be driving within reason with ease. On the road from Indiana to Kansas City I got 21.6 miles to the gallon with an average speed of 76 miles per hour. I am very impressive by the features but need to return to dealership to have some trim items tightened up. Slightly smaller steering wheel like the sie in my Evo X Mr that I traded would be perfect. The engine sounds so good and did I mention the POWER!!!. Plus the insurance on this vehicle is less than my 2008 Evo Mr. Go Caddy!!!

Favorite Features

Bluetooth HD based audio system Standard Sat Radio

Suggested Improvements

Get workers to pay better attention to fit and finish. With more attention to fit and finish and slightly higher quality trim bits Lexus would be very very worried

My first luxury sedan is a CTS- V!!
By Dave

2009 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This car is awesome and I never thought I would buy American until I researched the CTS V. It has power, great handling, and beautiful interior and exterior. The navigation system, on star, and satellite radio are awesome. The electronics are pretty complex to me since I have driven my Honda Accord for 12 years. I read a little bit every night to understand the electronics of the CTS V. This car has so much to offer, and the pricing was too competitve for me to pass up.

Favorite Features

The exterior paint, interior, power engine, on star, navigation system, satellite radio,handling.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe needs a lock for the gas cap. A camera in the back when backing up.

Happier Than Ever
By Ray D.

2009 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Last post - Great car with radio turned up. After 2k miles, I simply love this car - almost weapon-like. I couldn't resist the Lingenfelter upgrade to 630hp / 630ft/tq - went out the other night with car - nobody on road. Rolling start from 40 mph then I floored it - the acceleration blew my mind - handling and steering extremely well balanced for the weight of this car. I am so pleased that there is nothing else out there that compares for under 100k.

Favorite Features

Exterior, interior, handling, ride

Suggested Improvements

Needs 20X11 wheels for rear - I can't think of anything else.

Incredible Sleeper
By Jmos77

2009 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I just traded my M3 for the CTS-V and the car is simply amazing. THe power and torque are scary at times and the magnetic suspension offers a perfect balance of comfort and touring. This is by far the fastest car I have ever owned so be prepared to buy a radar detector for keeping this car at speed is impossible. The biggest surprise for me is how beautiful the interior is. The hand stiched dash and the ambient light along with the skyview sunroof makes for a fantastic place to spend time. The fit and finish are very surprising as well and I love the white diamond paint on my car. Bottom line GM hit a homerun and if you need a 4 fast sedan then look no further. Can't beat the price too

Favorite Features

Power, TORQUE, Ambient light in dash, adaptive headlights, white diamond paint, Navigation screen, Ipod interface, Skyview sunroof, Magnetic suspension, POWER, TORQUE, POWER TORQUE. Interior is very classy looks fantastic, surprisingly good handling, exhaust note, THE PERFECT SLEEPER, BUY ONE

Suggested Improvements

This car needs a backup camera, BOSE stereo not as good as others I have heard, Wider rear tires for traction, Standard seats are comfy but need more lateral support, sterring is a little too vague even in sport mode, slight drone when in 6th gear.