2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.2L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual - (22 reviews )
'09 V -- Solid performer, if not green
By s4ologist on 07/12/09 18:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

6sp manual with recaros, now with Hennessey intake, AR Headers, tune (about 615 HP -- 521 to the rear wheels per dyno). Car is a blast, but traction is an issue, even in 104 degree weather. Just have to get over the fact that you can't floor it in 1st or 2nd in any weather without blowing the tires completely. 3rd gear hooks up in 90+ degree weather, and we'll see about cooler days this fall! Interior is very nice, but there is a bit more interior noise than in an audi I owned. 14-15 MPG average really isn't that bad for a 600HP sedan. Gadgets are very nice. The 8 inch nav touch screen is impressive. Excellent toy if scaring three passengers on the way to lunch is your cup of tea!

The best - ever, so far
By Joe Kopacz on 06/22/09 12:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

When you get behind the wheel of this monster already cranked-up (thank you remote start) you really know how a jet-jockey must feel getting into the cockpit of their already fired-up jet. Strap yourself down, select the manner in which you choose to drive and take off! I do wear my silk scarf when ever I can before taking off. Power, speed, and control at levels unheard of with a production line manufactured 4 door sedan - bar none! Then there are the looks. Talk about a phallic symbol on a testosterone high. Just point me in the general direction and get out of my way. This baby will get there and get there with maximum Velocity; which is exactly what the V in CTS-V stands for.

CTS V Wow Wow Wow
By Doug St.Mary on 06/06/09 11:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Absolutely blown away by this car. Folks this is better than my 2005 Porsche C4S. I cannot believe how much power and straight line tracking this car delivers.

The Stealth 4Door ZR-1, eats M5'5
By vperl on 05/25/09 18:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

The V is by any standards the best vehicle in it's grouping, the very best. Sheer power, handling, and the excellent overall build is fantastic. If you have an M5 shame on you for not buying American steel, and to top if off the Cops do not have a clue about this vehicle. Can blow the doors off most anything on the road and the stealth factor kicks hindend.

Do not spread the word
By vperl on 05/16/09 14:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Please, do not buy the V. I enjoy driving around knowing that there are very few vehicles that can deliver the fun, speed, luxury, ride, and FANTASTIC Power, M-5's and the rest look great in my rear view mirror. The power on corners, straightaways, and what ever is already there, and I have the Automatic. Do not tell the euro snobs of the V, keep it still, and please do not tell law enforcement. They drive by all the time looking at the CTS badge not having a clue. I keep looking straight ahead and be good on the street, as impossible as it is to be good. Do not let the unwashed masses know of this V, I like the fact no one knows of the V, a great secret. The interior lighting at n

Should be CTS-WOW
By GCM on 04/23/09 19:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Loaded CTS-V with Auto. More fun than I have had in years. I have had two BMW-M's, two Mercedes SL's and about 9 Corvettes and none measure up. This car really lives up to the hype and then some. I hope GM can keep building these so more people can have the same fun. If the government takes over they will probaqbly kill it as not PC. Buy one now while you can.

Fast Fun
By roarkb on 04/14/09 19:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I have owned several Vettes, BMW's and many specialty cars. I have never driven something this much fun. Push the pedal and go...quickly. It will blister the tires on command. Drives through corners on a rail and keeps on asking for more. Don't count on good gas mileage. It is to much fun to push the accelerator. I will likely keep this car forever.

Hottest production ride - EVER
By Joe on 03/12/09 22:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I have two Corvette's. One built by Chevrolet ('77, L-82, 350/350 coupe) and one by Cadillac ('09, CTS-V, Touring Sedan). Guess which one is faster and more powerfull, but not quite as slick looking - just by a little bit? There is not a Beamer or Mercedes worth the 30 to 40k more I'd be willing to pay for their prestige. Besides the Corvette Touring Sedan -V looks much cooler that either of them, especially out of my rear view mirror. Been there done that many times before and they flat out ain't worth it. Nor the 110K, at least, needed to purchase the coupe version of my CTS-V, i.e., ZR-1.

The perfect car has arrived
By Jim A on 01/29/09 22:12 PM (PST)

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

There is no better automobile for the money than this four door supercar. How would you like to buy a 4 door, 110,000 ZR-1 with better seats and interior for 65-70,000? Of course you would.... and you can. I did and the car is about 20,000 under-priced relative to any real competitor

American Know How
By Chris on 01/20/09 11:17 AM (PST)

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This car is great, luxury, features, performance, roomy and did I mention performance. The ride is very smooth and controlled no mater how you drive it. It is not as loud as you might expect from a performance sedan and just a joy to drive. The quality is as good as you can get and I have found no problems with it. The performance is off the scale, the Recarro seats are fantastic and the interior is well layed out and functional, not to mention beautiful. I have gotten an average of 11.4 MPG since I bought it but this is not a hybrid. This is my dream car, thanks Cadillac for making my dream come true and providing such a great example of "Good Ol American Know How".

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan in VA is:

$151 per month*