Used 2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.2L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual - (22 reviews )

Lovin my V
By Lovin the V

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

What else can I say other than, "I absolutely love this car. Wahoo!!!"

The acceleration is my favority feature. The nighttime interior lighting is way cool.

Cell phonebook interface would be great enhancement. Audi's MMI would be a good benchmark to strive for. And, most importantly, a rear view camera please...

Awesome car with radio turned up
By HappywithGM

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Traded in 2008 BMW M3 coupe for full boat 09 CTS-V auto. Have been watching this car prior to ever purchasing the M3 but needed more space - so I made the move. Looks are terrific and simply unparralled by the competition. What I did notice about this car is the obvious thrust / torque that goes with its monster engine. But I noticed that the car starts to handle and steer better as you increase speed. The suspension seems to set-up better, steering more response and crisp. My only grip is (don't forget, coming out of M3) is that there are a lot more creeks and noices coming from interior parts and the seats. Great car for GM, yes, DNA of the best cars on the road, not yet.

Recaro seats a must, exterior styling, wheels

Pad interior parts to reduce noise, ad a little more weight to steering effort - a little numb. That's it

"Life, liberty & the pursuit"
By Ziggerman

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Finally pulled the trigger on the CTS-V as I could not refuse the almost $11,000 in discounts GM offers at this time on this model year. I cannot comment on reliability, yet, but I can tell you that you should NOT test-drive it unless there is a chance that you can afford to buy it. My test drive took 20 minutes with a smiling sales guy pressed into the seat and it was the most visceral and yet sublime experience I ever had in an automobile. External styling, interior, engine, suspension, brakes, steering feel, infotainment system...everything is a work of art. Cadillac absolutely hit a home-run and may have made the finest American car ever.

Engine, engine, engine...556HP, 551 torque, engine, engine, 6.2l V8... :) :) The question on this car is rather what is NOT your favorite....

Radar cruise control, HUD, rear-view camera.

New Meaning To Driving!
By Barry

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Now my 21st car & all else in past fails compared to my new CTS-V. I had my doubts with a American made car & it's quality.I wasn't sure I needed this much HP? I for sure never spent over $70,000 for any car before, until now! All I can say is this car is a work of art & gives new meaning to sport & luxury! I'm thrilled I bought it & it's worth every penny!!

Inside is just gorgeous, love the suede.Navigation is excellent compared to most cars.Ipod works terrific & sounds great! Cooled seats are nice. To many items to list would take all night!

Larger gas tank.Grip handle front passenger side.Why only in back seats is beyond me?

I can't believe this is an American car
By neuronbob

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I am a 20-year loyal Honda/Acura buyer, so I bought this car with some trepidation as I have high expectations from my cars. I am NOT sorry I bought this car four months and 4500 miles ago, trading up from my beloved Acura RL. It lives up to EVERY bit of hype heaped upon it in the auto media. It is FAST, it is QUIET inside, the interior is high-quality, and the car is STEALTHY in that cops won't notice this car AT ALL. The torque is everywhere you want it to be. There are few buttons and they are large and intuitive. I didn't buy the car for gas mileage but it sure could use another gallon in the tank. Range is 240 miles in mixed 50-50 city/freeway driving, less when fooling around.

STEALTH car! TORQUE everywhere; excellent exterior styling; relatively few buttons, simply laid out; regular seats are so comfortable; usable trunk; awesome brakes; large moonroof; Magnetic Ride Control; it drives like a Cadi when the wife is around, drives like a beast when she's not.

Needs another gallon in the gas tank STAT; refine Bluetooth so that phone calls take fewer commands like in my previous Acura; locking gas cap; Edmunds needs to correct the review choices-- 2009 CTS-V has 6AT and 6MT, and I own the 6AT.

• SUV