2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.2L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual - (22 reviews )
One Word: Wow!
By way2fun_lotus on 04/12/13 16:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I've owned a few high performance cars: 2 Gallardos, a Nissan GTR, BMW 550i, Lotus Elise, Maserati Gran Sport. Believe me when I say this car has more torque and is more fun to drive than all of the above, and it does it all with great style and comfort.

Evo no Longer
By evonomore on 11/30/09 11:23 AM (PST)

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

The vehicle is the only vehicle that could have made me purchase an American car. The power is incredible but it can be driving within reason with ease. On the road from Indiana to Kansas City I got 21.6 miles to the gallon with an average speed of 76 miles per hour. I am very impressive by the features but need to return to dealership to have some trim items tightened up. Slightly smaller steering wheel like the sie in my Evo X Mr that I traded would be perfect. The engine sounds so good and did I mention the POWER!!!. Plus the insurance on this vehicle is less than my 2008 Evo Mr. Go Caddy!!!

My first luxury sedan is a CTS- V!!
By Dave on 11/26/09 19:48 PM (PST)

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This car is awesome and I never thought I would buy American until I researched the CTS V. It has power, great handling, and beautiful interior and exterior. The navigation system, on star, and satellite radio are awesome. The electronics are pretty complex to me since I have driven my Honda Accord for 12 years. I read a little bit every night to understand the electronics of the CTS V. This car has so much to offer, and the pricing was too competitve for me to pass up.

Happier Than Ever
By Ray D. on 11/23/09 10:52 AM (PST)

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Last post - Great car with radio turned up. After 2k miles, I simply love this car - almost weapon-like. I couldn't resist the Lingenfelter upgrade to 630hp / 630ft/tq - went out the other night with car - nobody on road. Rolling start from 40 mph then I floored it - the acceleration blew my mind - handling and steering extremely well balanced for the weight of this car. I am so pleased that there is nothing else out there that compares for under 100k.

Incredible Sleeper
By Jmos77 on 11/02/09 19:37 PM (PST)

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I just traded my M3 for the CTS-V and the car is simply amazing. THe power and torque are scary at times and the magnetic suspension offers a perfect balance of comfort and touring. This is by far the fastest car I have ever owned so be prepared to buy a radar detector for keeping this car at speed is impossible. The biggest surprise for me is how beautiful the interior is. The hand stiched dash and the ambient light along with the skyview sunroof makes for a fantastic place to spend time. The fit and finish are very surprising as well and I love the white diamond paint on my car. Bottom line GM hit a homerun and if you need a 4 fast sedan then look no further. Can't beat the price too

Lovin my V
By Lovin the V on 10/20/09 17:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

What else can I say other than, "I absolutely love this car. Wahoo!!!"

Awesome car with radio turned up
By HappywithGM on 10/12/09 13:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Traded in 2008 BMW M3 coupe for full boat 09 CTS-V auto. Have been watching this car prior to ever purchasing the M3 but needed more space - so I made the move. Looks are terrific and simply unparralled by the competition. What I did notice about this car is the obvious thrust / torque that goes with its monster engine. But I noticed that the car starts to handle and steer better as you increase speed. The suspension seems to set-up better, steering more response and crisp. My only grip is (don't forget, coming out of M3) is that there are a lot more creeks and noices coming from interior parts and the seats. Great car for GM, yes, DNA of the best cars on the road, not yet.

"Life, liberty & the pursuit"
By Ziggerman on 10/06/09 10:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Finally pulled the trigger on the CTS-V as I could not refuse the almost $11,000 in discounts GM offers at this time on this model year. I cannot comment on reliability, yet, but I can tell you that you should NOT test-drive it unless there is a chance that you can afford to buy it. My test drive took 20 minutes with a smiling sales guy pressed into the seat and it was the most visceral and yet sublime experience I ever had in an automobile. External styling, interior, engine, suspension, brakes, steering feel, infotainment system...everything is a work of art. Cadillac absolutely hit a home-run and may have made the finest American car ever.

New Meaning To Driving!
By Barry on 07/29/09 20:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Now my 21st car & all else in past fails compared to my new CTS-V. I had my doubts with a American made car & it's quality.I wasn't sure I needed this much HP? I for sure never spent over $70,000 for any car before, until now! All I can say is this car is a work of art & gives new meaning to sport & luxury! I'm thrilled I bought it & it's worth every penny!!

I can't believe this is an American car
By neuronbob on 07/28/09 19:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I am a 20-year loyal Honda/Acura buyer, so I bought this car with some trepidation as I have high expectations from my cars. I am NOT sorry I bought this car four months and 4500 miles ago, trading up from my beloved Acura RL. It lives up to EVERY bit of hype heaped upon it in the auto media. It is FAST, it is QUIET inside, the interior is high-quality, and the car is STEALTHY in that cops won't notice this car AT ALL. The torque is everywhere you want it to be. There are few buttons and they are large and intuitive. I didn't buy the car for gas mileage but it sure could use another gallon in the tank. Range is 240 miles in mixed 50-50 city/freeway driving, less when fooling around.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan in VA is:

$151 per month*