Used 2007 Cadillac CTS-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Cadillac Cts-v - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (10 reviews )

Love this car!
By xmustanger

2007 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Got this car a few days ago and love it so far! Never thought i could have so much fun in a 4 door sedan. Previously have owned all body style mustangs (87-04) and this car is light years ahead of them. Have driven newer mustangs too and other performance sedans but this one seems to take the cake. Looks amazing too.

Favorite Features

Power, looks, 6 speed trans, interior, sound system.

Suggested Improvements

wish handbrake was in the usual place instead of near feet, no mp3 player plug in, gas mileage poor when driven hard.

Better than my 2 Corvettes
By Car lover

2007 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Love the acceleration of the 400 horses. The 6 speed is the same as my last Corvette so the first to fourth shifting wasn't as annoying as it could've been. Like the cornering. Wife won't drive it because she thinks the suspension is too stiff - that's a bonus for me. The added seats over a Corvette really make me not want another Corvette. I've gotten 25 mpg on the highway and it's a nice ride on interstates. Great sound system and the navigation system is useful. XM radio is convenient in getting sports games in the middle of nowhere. OK, now that Corvettes are made with over 600 horses, I guess I'd try one. But not for 100K+. Best car I've ever had, hands down!

Favorite Features

Acceleration, handling, seat comfort, price (42,000 after it sat on the lot for a year!)

Suggested Improvements

Wider tires - this car goes!

Driving V-Crazy!
By Driving V-Crazy!

2007 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I shopped other sport models, the V was last on my list. I drove it expecting to be disappointed. 8 months later I'm still riding V-crazy! Amazing power; great looking (pictures cant do it justice); and at half the price of other supercars that absolutely can not compare. More horse power than most cars in the industry, especially sedans. This car can lift my 350+ pound can out the seat! I am pleased.

Favorite Features

6-speed manual; navigation with xm; nice looking leather/suede seats.

Suggested Improvements

A few modifications I suggest: more head and hip room, less plastic on dash, and reposition er brake and release.

Buyer Beware
By bt27614

2007 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car just EATS the run-flat tires, and GM refuses to address it. $880 for new run flats every 10k miles? Less than 10k on a set of tires. Also the differential clanks loudly and the dealer says this is normal. Lightning fast, good brakes. Interior too much plastic.

Suggested Improvements

tires that wear at least 20k.

Fuel Mileage
By james smith

2007 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I am very much disappointed with gas mileage. I had a 2004 cts that got 28.2 mpg and my 2007 gets maybe 23.5 mpg I live in Texas and I'm 71 yrs old

Favorite Features

I like the handling it is easy to maneuver in parking spaces

Suggested Improvements

Enlarge the trunk to accommodate golf bag