2006 Cadillac CTS-V 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - 500 miles on a new

2006 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan - Consumer Review

500 miles on a new '06 CTS-V
By D. Scott on

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

First of all, after all the talk about wheel hop, I don't see it and believe me, I've tried. The price is excellent compared for the foreign competition. I've found that the more I drive it, the more I like it. I own a C5 Corvette and I can tell you that the CTS-V is fast, but it does not feel as fast as my vette. We will have to take it to the track to tell. I love the exterior styling. I love the smoothness of the ride...the suspension is perfect. The ride is quiet. The radio is awesome. The interior toys are great. I love the sound of the engine. Keep in mind you are purchasing a 400hp car so it will not be quiet as a mouse, but the sound level is just right. This car gets an A+ for the money!

Favorite Features

I love the exerior syling. This car is very well equipped with all the stuff. Its engine is AWESOME! The transmission gets better the faster you drive. The interior is just fine...it is better than in the pictues. The suspension is A+. There is enough room in the car. It gets an A+ for performance for a car of its size.

Suggested Improvements

Skip shift is annoying. It needs a heads up display! Keyless, push button start would be a nice touch. Cooled seats would be okay. Voice commands would be fun too. But, the Heads Up Display is a must for the next model.