Used 2006 Cadillac CTS-V Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac Cts-v - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (17 reviews )

Long term Review - Very Important
By shannon

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

After owning the car for a couple of years. Here is a review that might be useful to some. Having driven both engines Ls2 and Ls6. I would say that Ls6 is a tick faster on the top end. The car is Daily driver and is good fun as an American car can be. After owning several GM built cars over the years, I will now consider another brand just because competitors have built superior cars. V is not very thought out. The shifter is terrible - too much effort. The suspension is not forgiving. This car is not on the same level as the AMG and M5. They are fast and comfortable and driver feels connected to the car. with this, it feels like you are in a substandard product.

Favorite Features

It is fast car but not a driver's car. Yea the new Cts v has 556 HP , but it will be a pile of junk after 2-3 years with lots of rattles and squeaks and cheap interior materials breaking. I will say this , that you get what you pay for and with this caddy you pay less $ than an E55 or an M5.

Suggested Improvements

GM , you need to build cars with higher quality and less rattles. I just recently test drove a new LS3 corvette and try to give you guys a second chance. As soon as I sat in the car I knew I wasn't buying this awful interior. You may get lots of ignorant buyers who haven't driven a proper car.

Makes all my guy neighbors jealous!
By Virginia F.

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I am a women and I love driving this car! My husband tries to drive it as much as he can, but I don't give it up easy. The clutch is the easiest I have ever driven! I love everything about the car except the skip shift.

Favorite Features

The grill on the front. I get so many compliments. One guy said that the front of the car just looks mean and intimidating!

Suggested Improvements

The volume control on the stereo. There is not low setting, it is at medium sound or silent.

Amazing CTS-V
By cred

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Break Neck quick and lots of fun. The interior has much to be desired, not bad but not as high of quality as competitive vehicles. Plastic sunshades and dash seem cheap. The comfort and room is good however and the features are relatively easy to use. Fuel economy is excellent for a sub 5 second 0 - 60 mph car. Ride is tight and handling is excellent for a performance sedan... but soft enough for a comfortable ride.

Favorite Features

I like the memory heated seats and obviously the 6.0 liter V8

Suggested Improvements

Interior quality could be improved.

Awesome Cadillac
By estrellazero

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

If you enjoy a smooth ride with the amenities of a luxury vehicle, but enjoy what a 400 hp LS2 engine can do to exercise your lead foot - then this is a car for you. It's a super car that can be drive for comfort, convenience, but for sport and performance! Enjoy responsibly!

Favorite Features

400 hp LS Engine, Comfortable Seats, Navigation, Bose Sound!

Suggested Improvements

The interior trim could have more nickel trim and some dark gray wood lining. Tighter rear suspension and standard soft tires to grip the road vs the runflats.

I still own a Ford
By Thomas

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have been a Ford fan from day one, because of this product I have changed my mind, fun to drive and look good doing it! Hey we are doing the best we can with what we have.

Favorite Features

motor, six spd, sound system

Suggested Improvements

Could have made it faster, can't wait for the 09