2006 Cadillac CTS-V Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac Cts-v - Consumer Reviews

2006 CTS-V Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (17 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

Long term Review - Very Important
By shannon

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

After owning the car for a couple of years. Here is a review that might be useful to some. Having driven both engines Ls2 and Ls6. I would say that Ls6 is a tick faster on the top end. The car is Daily driver and is good fun as an American car can be. After owning several GM built cars over the years, I will now consider another brand just because competitors have built superior cars. V is not very thought out. The shifter is terrible - too much effort. The suspension is not forgiving. This car is not on the same level as the AMG and M5. They are fast and comfortable and driver feels connected to the car. with this, it feels like you are in a substandard product.

Favorite Features

It is fast car but not a driver's car. Yea the new Cts v has 556 HP , but it will be a pile of junk after 2-3 years with lots of rattles and squeaks and cheap interior materials breaking. I will say this , that you get what you pay for and with this caddy you pay less $ than an E55 or an M5.

Suggested Improvements

GM , you need to build cars with higher quality and less rattles. I just recently test drove a new LS3 corvette and try to give you guys a second chance. As soon as I sat in the car I knew I wasn't buying this awful interior. You may get lots of ignorant buyers who haven't driven a proper car.

Makes all my guy neighbors jealous!
By Virginia F.

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I am a women and I love driving this car! My husband tries to drive it as much as he can, but I don't give it up easy. The clutch is the easiest I have ever driven! I love everything about the car except the skip shift.

Favorite Features

The grill on the front. I get so many compliments. One guy said that the front of the car just looks mean and intimidating!

Suggested Improvements

The volume control on the stereo. There is not low setting, it is at medium sound or silent.

Amazing CTS-V
By cred

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Break Neck quick and lots of fun. The interior has much to be desired, not bad but not as high of quality as competitive vehicles. Plastic sunshades and dash seem cheap. The comfort and room is good however and the features are relatively easy to use. Fuel economy is excellent for a sub 5 second 0 - 60 mph car. Ride is tight and handling is excellent for a performance sedan... but soft enough for a comfortable ride.

Favorite Features

I like the memory heated seats and obviously the 6.0 liter V8

Suggested Improvements

Interior quality could be improved.

Awesome Cadillac
By estrellazero

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

If you enjoy a smooth ride with the amenities of a luxury vehicle, but enjoy what a 400 hp LS2 engine can do to exercise your lead foot - then this is a car for you. It's a super car that can be drive for comfort, convenience, but for sport and performance! Enjoy responsibly!

Favorite Features

400 hp LS Engine, Comfortable Seats, Navigation, Bose Sound!

Suggested Improvements

The interior trim could have more nickel trim and some dark gray wood lining. Tighter rear suspension and standard soft tires to grip the road vs the runflats.

I still own a Ford
By Thomas

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have been a Ford fan from day one, because of this product I have changed my mind, fun to drive and look good doing it! Hey we are doing the best we can with what we have.

Favorite Features

motor, six spd, sound system

Suggested Improvements

Could have made it faster, can't wait for the 09

v-tude
By isik volkan

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

i drive this beauty with lots fun in everyday NYC traffic. handling and shifting are awesome in and out of traffic. I've took the monster on a cross country trip last summer with my girl. we've had a blast. the navigation, big sunroof, nice stereo, and the 6.0 under the hood. The manual transmission is so easy to handle - thanks to high torque. The V is so much fun to drive, I can't help drive it at least 500miles a week (and my work is only 5 miles from home). The four door sedan doesn't get any attention from the police or the traffic. But there is hardly any car on the road above this 400 hp beauty and the beast. And the compliments I get from cops while I am parked is out of this world.

Favorite Features

i am surprised with the 20 mpg average gas mileage. -I 've never reset the reading - almost 50K miles and still the original brake pads. just changed the rear run-flats for $1100. Other than that it has been pretty cheap to take care of it. I love the heated seats, big nav. screen and the bose stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Cadillac already taken care of the improvements with the new 09 cts-v. against other reviews, i don't have anything to say against the interior. probably can have a better location for the lighter socket. it interferes with the 5th gear when the radar detector is plugged in. oh and a real hand brake.

A True Family Performance Car
By SCOTT W

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned muscle cars in the past, but this car is truly a modern muscle car. In addition to the excellent performance, I can fit a wife and three kids in it very comfortably! The only downside I have found so far, is the skip shift wins the award for most annoying feature on a car ever. Although not a big deal, the location of the cup holders interferes with the position of your shifting arm after those trips to Dunkin' Donuts.

Favorite Features

The performance and toys. I recommend the upgrade to the performance suspension, I have it and it's great.

Suggested Improvements

Lose the skip shift, provide better positioning of front cup holders, and add a heads up display.

Caddy CTS-V
By Buzz Marcus

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This has been a fun car that I love to drive. It has a few weak spots, such as the seats are not that supportive or comfortable. Also, the handbrake needs to be moved.

Favorite Features

The power and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Move hand brake to console. Give it better seats. Use more paint on the car as it is very thin.

500 miles on a new '06 CTS-V
By D. Scott

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

First of all, after all the talk about wheel hop, I don't see it and believe me, I've tried. The price is excellent compared for the foreign competition. I've found that the more I drive it, the more I like it. I own a C5 Corvette and I can tell you that the CTS-V is fast, but it does not feel as fast as my vette. We will have to take it to the track to tell. I love the exterior styling. I love the smoothness of the ride...the suspension is perfect. The ride is quiet. The radio is awesome. The interior toys are great. I love the sound of the engine. Keep in mind you are purchasing a 400hp car so it will not be quiet as a mouse, but the sound level is just right. This car gets an A+ for the money!

Favorite Features

I love the exerior syling. This car is very well equipped with all the stuff. Its engine is AWESOME! The transmission gets better the faster you drive. The interior is just fine...it is better than in the pictues. The suspension is A+. There is enough room in the car. It gets an A+ for performance for a car of its size.

Suggested Improvements

Skip shift is annoying. It needs a heads up display! Keyless, push button start would be a nice touch. Cooled seats would be okay. Voice commands would be fun too. But, the Heads Up Display is a must for the next model.

Awesome Driving Machine
By fredr

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I replaced a 2000 Lincoln LS that I was getting tired of with a new Cadillac CTS-V. I looked at a new LS momentarily. Boring! Nothing really changed from the 2000 model. The CTS- V is definitely not boring! It delivers great performance and driving pleasure. It has a great sound system. I'm getting spoiled by the navigation system. Best of all, it makes me feel like a kid again.

Favorite Features

Its performance and exterior styling is great. The transmission and shifting are great with the exception of "skip shift" feature.

Suggested Improvements

Lose the skip shift. I don't want to buy a manual transmission and then be forced to shift! Besides, the skip shift is a safety issue. Don't know how many times I've had to downshift to get out of way of something when the skip shift forced me into 4th.