2006 Cadillac CTS-V - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (17 reviews )
Long term Review - Very Important
By shannon on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

After owning the car for a couple of years. Here is a review that might be useful to some. Having driven both engines Ls2 and Ls6. I would say that Ls6 is a tick faster on the top end. The car is Daily driver and is good fun as an American car can be. After owning several GM built cars over the years, I will now consider another brand just because competitors have built superior cars. V is not very thought out. The shifter is terrible - too much effort. The suspension is not forgiving. This car is not on the same level as the AMG and M5. They are fast and comfortable and driver feels connected to the car. with this, it feels like you are in a substandard product.

Makes all my guy neighbors jealous!
By Virginia F. on 08/26/10 07:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I am a women and I love driving this car! My husband tries to drive it as much as he can, but I don't give it up easy. The clutch is the easiest I have ever driven! I love everything about the car except the skip shift.

Amazing CTS-V
By cred on 04/02/10 19:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Break Neck quick and lots of fun. The interior has much to be desired, not bad but not as high of quality as competitive vehicles. Plastic sunshades and dash seem cheap. The comfort and room is good however and the features are relatively easy to use. Fuel economy is excellent for a sub 5 second 0 - 60 mph car. Ride is tight and handling is excellent for a performance sedan... but soft enough for a comfortable ride.

Awesome Cadillac
By estrellazero on 08/19/08 20:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

If you enjoy a smooth ride with the amenities of a luxury vehicle, but enjoy what a 400 hp LS2 engine can do to exercise your lead foot - then this is a car for you. It's a super car that can be drive for comfort, convenience, but for sport and performance! Enjoy responsibly!

I still own a Ford
By Thomas on 07/03/08 11:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have been a Ford fan from day one, because of this product I have changed my mind, fun to drive and look good doing it! Hey we are doing the best we can with what we have.

v-tude
By isik volkan on 04/17/08 20:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

i drive this beauty with lots fun in everyday NYC traffic. handling and shifting are awesome in and out of traffic. I've took the monster on a cross country trip last summer with my girl. we've had a blast. the navigation, big sunroof, nice stereo, and the 6.0 under the hood. The manual transmission is so easy to handle - thanks to high torque. The V is so much fun to drive, I can't help drive it at least 500miles a week (and my work is only 5 miles from home). The four door sedan doesn't get any attention from the police or the traffic. But there is hardly any car on the road above this 400 hp beauty and the beast. And the compliments I get from cops while I am parked is out of this world.

A True Family Performance Car
By SCOTT W on 12/13/06 03:51 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned muscle cars in the past, but this car is truly a modern muscle car. In addition to the excellent performance, I can fit a wife and three kids in it very comfortably! The only downside I have found so far, is the skip shift wins the award for most annoying feature on a car ever. Although not a big deal, the location of the cup holders interferes with the position of your shifting arm after those trips to Dunkin' Donuts.

Caddy CTS-V
By Buzz Marcus on 11/30/06 07:54 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This has been a fun car that I love to drive. It has a few weak spots, such as the seats are not that supportive or comfortable. Also, the handbrake needs to be moved.

500 miles on a new '06 CTS-V
By D. Scott on 05/19/06 18:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

First of all, after all the talk about wheel hop, I don't see it and believe me, I've tried. The price is excellent compared for the foreign competition. I've found that the more I drive it, the more I like it. I own a C5 Corvette and I can tell you that the CTS-V is fast, but it does not feel as fast as my vette. We will have to take it to the track to tell. I love the exterior styling. I love the smoothness of the ride...the suspension is perfect. The ride is quiet. The radio is awesome. The interior toys are great. I love the sound of the engine. Keep in mind you are purchasing a 400hp car so it will not be quiet as a mouse, but the sound level is just right. This car gets an A+ for the money!

Awesome Driving Machine
By fredr on 04/29/06 12:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I replaced a 2000 Lincoln LS that I was getting tired of with a new Cadillac CTS-V. I looked at a new LS momentarily. Boring! Nothing really changed from the 2000 model. The CTS- V is definitely not boring! It delivers great performance and driving pleasure. It has a great sound system. I'm getting spoiled by the navigation system. Best of all, it makes me feel like a kid again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.