2005 Cadillac CTS-V Consumer Review: Pure Hot Rod

2005 Cadillac CTS-V - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (5.7L V8 6-speed Manual)

Pure Hot Rod
By berne1 on

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The 2005 Cadillac CTS-V is unbelievable! I have more fun driving this than any car I've ever owned. The engine has tons of power, the car looks great with the 18" wheels and slightly flared fenders. This first couple times I drove it, I just laughed, the power is so plentiful. This car is downright fast. I get thumbs up from people who are "in the know" about this car. I got the Red Line color. At first I liked black the best, but I really think this is the best color on the V. I'm happy this car only comes with a 6-speed manual transmission, as several "non car-guy" types have bellyached to me about the "need for an automatic". No way. If you can't shift, get a STS-V or a Mercedes-Benz. This is a modern day muscle car.

The engine has a seemingly endless supply of horsepower and torque. I like the interior details such as the seat stitching and "V-Series" sill plates. I like how Cadillac was subtle with the styling cues and let the details do the talking (fender flares, V badges, mesh grilles).

The shifter is a bit notchy. Axle hop is prevalent under hard acceleration. The tires wear very quickly, but these are Eagle F1, so that's expected. The tires themselves are great in terms of handling. It doesn't have the steering wheel audio controls like the regular CTS, I would like those.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review