Used 2005 Cadillac CTS-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac CTS-V - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual - (70 reviews )

6 months review
By stewarth

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Having just clocked 12,000 miles in 6 months in the V, I have to say that I am thrilled to be the owner of this Z06 in sheeps clothing. What more could you ask for, neck snapping power, comfort, handling and great looks. I don't baby this thing. In April I put over 60 laps of hard driving at Road Atlanta going almost 130 on the back stretch in fourth. I even did a 180 in the first turn. Even in competitve driving mode the stability control activated and worked to perfection in getting the car under control. My friends were impressed by my driving skills. (If they only knew). The car never disappoints. 3,300 miles on the Power Tour and not one problem. Wore out the tires though.

The power and low end torque in 2nd, 3rd, 4th gear. Stealth looks, smooth highway ride, navigation system, XM radio and sound system. Body fit as good as it gets for a GM vehicle. No rattles, seats 4 very comfortably. Auto climate control never fails to keep me comfortable.

Kick rev limiter to at least 7K, fix wheel hop problem. More chrome accents in interior. Tires have atrocius wear problem.

M-Killer
By GAGS-V

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Way too much fun for a car, who would have thought GM could have come up with such a great car? To be able to carry five adults in a Corvette powered car, along with great handeling and stopping ability, with outstanding exterior looks to top it off. If you are looking for a super car, here you go!

Power, handeling, stopping.

Little more interior work. Tires wear quick (what do you expect from a performance car)?

Driving The V ZO6
By ZOOM

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Driving the "V" is an adventure I look forward to every day. It's all whats been said and some so smoothly. The "V" looks very good, is very fast, very comfortable, very agile, performs excellent and sounds great. It is an all around great performer. It is a Corvette Z06 with 4 doors!

Powerfully smooth engine, transmission, brakes, sound system, comfort, design, electronics.

Telescopic Steering Wheel adjustment, shift throw shortend. Larger glove box.

Geoff's CTS-V
By Engineer Geoff

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

If GM made more cars like this, they wouldn't be in trouble. I have 3500 miles on my 2005 CTS-V, half of it being wide open interstate and half in the doldrums of Los Angeles commuter traffic. This car replaces a highly modified Jaguar XJS-V12, and I am generally delighted with the move. The Cadillac handling is hard to fault, and selective turn off of stability and traction is welcome. I am less pleased with straight line performance, as the vehicle is subject to axle tramp unless care is taken to avoid it. Also, engine management slowly (over seconds) decreases rpm on release of throttle which makes for an odd feel on hard acceleration. DIC is distracting and features ill thought out.

400 hp on tap, in front of a 6-speed Tremec...great drive train. XM radio a nice toy

DIC should allow full page display of info, not just one line GPS zoom should be continuous not stepped fix axle tramp! Wheels hard to clean.

This Car Is Hot
By hawkee

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Just got my new CTS-V! Wow, is this thing fun to drive! Before making this purchase, I test drove a few speedy sedans and coupes cars (GTO, Mustang, G35, and BMW 330i) and I fell in love with the Caddy.

Excellent stereo, easy to use navigation and comfortable seats. For this type of car, back seat appears to be comfortable (I haven't sat in the too often).

Upgrade the interior materials so it doesn't look so plasticky.