Used 2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac Cts-v - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual - (70 reviews )

V-time
By GEORGE

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This car is the most fun I have ever had with a car since my 1969 Trans Am convertible. It is a wolf in sheep's clothing. It handles like a true sports car but still gives enough comfort to keep the wife happy.

Favorite Features

The awesome power.

Suggested Improvements

Make some of the equipment simpler to use.

CTSV - Slick American
By Zip

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The one issue I have is the torque reversal noise when shifting at low speeds - it's normal but annoying. Such power needs to flex. Other than that, it's great, fast as heck, solid, taunt, has great road feedback, different style, plenty of room inside plus big trunk, an exceptional stereo, fold down back seats. Driving an American car makes me feels good!

Favorite Features

Performance and one-of-a-kind looks. Solid feel, kind of "in your face" attitude about it, albeit with style. Has class - yet my daughter's male firend said "That car is sick!" (an apparent complement).

Suggested Improvements

Must eliminate the torque reversal noise.

Caddy CTS-V
By skyking9

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've had Corvettes, Porsches, Lexus, Jaguars and assorted sports cars, and this is the car I've found to be the most sheer FUN! Its build quality and reliability so far are excellent. My only complaint is that Caddy can build a car like this, and took almost 50 years to do it! They should have done it years ago!

World Class
By babylou

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This car is truly world class once the shifter is changed to one made by UUC Motorwerks. It is not so over- "refined", ala Lexus or Mercedes AMG, that it is boring. The only competitor in its size class that is as fun is the BMW M5. Build quality is great. Cadillac reliability stats are impressive. All for a 30% lower price and better reliability than a BMW M5, MB E55 AMG, etc.

Favorite Features

To be a driver's car one has to have a manual transmission. The CTS is large enough to seat 4 adults comfortably but is still a driver's car. Few driver's sedans, like a BMW 330i, are large enough to be real people haulers. 400 hp is nice though I prefer lighweight and handling over power.

Suggested Improvements

Every review complains of the shifter. With the UUC Motorweks shifter the CTS shifts like my 5 speed Miatas. Really! Run flat tires are heavy, expensive and die at 5,000 mi. For 2006 they have gone to a longer lived tire. Still heavy and no spare though. Second generation styling will be better.

Redline revelry
By David

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I find the CTS-V a very fun and exciting car to drive. I can't wait to get behind the wheel each morning. It is the highlight of my workday just to take the Caddy to work. The start of the engine is a thrill in itself. I am very pleased with my purchase.

Favorite Features

The 5.7 liter power plant, the very comfortable seating and the monitoring of a vast number of vehicle fuctions and temperatures.

Suggested Improvements

I find the "skip-shift" somewhat difficult to get accustomed to though I understand Cadillac's reasoning behind the feature.