2005 Cadillac CTS-V Consumer Review: 6 months review

2005 Cadillac CTS-V - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (5.7L V8 6-speed Manual)

6 months review
By stewarth on

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Having just clocked 12,000 miles in 6 months in the V, I have to say that I am thrilled to be the owner of this Z06 in sheeps clothing. What more could you ask for, neck snapping power, comfort, handling and great looks. I don't baby this thing. In April I put over 60 laps of hard driving at Road Atlanta going almost 130 on the back stretch in fourth. I even did a 180 in the first turn. Even in competitve driving mode the stability control activated and worked to perfection in getting the car under control. My friends were impressed by my driving skills. (If they only knew). The car never disappoints. 3,300 miles on the Power Tour and not one problem. Wore out the tires though.

The power and low end torque in 2nd, 3rd, 4th gear. Stealth looks, smooth highway ride, navigation system, XM radio and sound system. Body fit as good as it gets for a GM vehicle. No rattles, seats 4 very comfortably. Auto climate control never fails to keep me comfortable.

Kick rev limiter to at least 7K, fix wheel hop problem. More chrome accents in interior. Tires have atrocius wear problem.