2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual - (70 reviews )
Woo Hoo! This is Too Much Fun
By Richie T on 07/23/05 12:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I was ready for something new, fast, and American. This car fit the bill perfectly. The GM Employee pricing plan currently in effect made it an absolute no brainer! Coming from a 2003 Mercedes SL500 (which had constant electrical issues) I was really wondering if I could be happy with this car. I love it. Naturally, this is a car that would only appeal to certain drivers. The suspension is stiff, the handling is fantastic (18 inch wheels with run flat tires, active suspension), the 14 inch Brembo brakes stop the car well, the 6 speed Getrag designed transmission and differential all make this car feel like something other than your Grandma's Cadillac. Overall, I am obviously THRILLED!

My CTS-V
By Jeff Van Hecke on 07/15/05 10:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This car is truly a wolf, but yet classy enough to drive to dinner. I am really enjoying this vehicle for all around performance and all of the immenities you would expect from Cadillac.

Grandma's new V
By Papa Tom on 07/10/05 10:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Excellent car in everyway, it's amazing that the economy is there with the performance and comfort. Best buy for the dollar. Grandma really enjoys her new car. The Ecalade was nice but this is better.

Speed Thrills!
By pumbathane on 07/10/05 00:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I love my V! I was a bit apprehensive about having a six speed manual, as I live in a large city and spend time in stop and go traffic. No problem. The CTS-V handles, shifts, and runs great. The clutch is easy without being too mushy. My previous toy was a 2001 Mercedes C32 AMG. The Mercedes was fast, but I got tired of the lag that comes with supercharged engines. I also got tired of visiting my local Mercedes dealer regularly for engine repairs. The V has great low end torque, courtesy of its' 400 hp eight cylinder, handles incredibly well, and sings sweet burble music via the exhaust. For a car guy,this is heaven!

Great Value
By Gary on 06/24/05 15:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Faster than a BMW 545, more comfortable that an M5, and thousands less than both, this is a great value if you like to drive fast in comfort. Handles very well, sound system is great, and seats are comfortable, yet firm enough to work. This is a very good competitor to BMW 5 series, which I used to own. The interior is spartan. This is a performance car, not a a luxury car, although the creature comforts are excellent. You just don't feel like you're in an expensive luxury car. If driving is your objective, then you have to try this car. I would like a quieter, smoother transmission, that doesn't force you into 4th gear at certain speeds.

6 months review
By stewarth on 06/23/05 09:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Having just clocked 12,000 miles in 6 months in the V, I have to say that I am thrilled to be the owner of this Z06 in sheeps clothing. What more could you ask for, neck snapping power, comfort, handling and great looks. I don't baby this thing. In April I put over 60 laps of hard driving at Road Atlanta going almost 130 on the back stretch in fourth. I even did a 180 in the first turn. Even in competitve driving mode the stability control activated and worked to perfection in getting the car under control. My friends were impressed by my driving skills. (If they only knew). The car never disappoints. 3,300 miles on the Power Tour and not one problem. Wore out the tires though.

M-Killer
By GAGS-V on 06/12/05 13:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Way too much fun for a car, who would have thought GM could have come up with such a great car? To be able to carry five adults in a Corvette powered car, along with great handeling and stopping ability, with outstanding exterior looks to top it off. If you are looking for a super car, here you go!

Driving The V ZO6
By ZOOM on 06/12/05 01:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Driving the "V" is an adventure I look forward to every day. It's all whats been said and some so smoothly. The "V" looks very good, is very fast, very comfortable, very agile, performs excellent and sounds great. It is an all around great performer. It is a Corvette Z06 with 4 doors!

Geoff's CTS-V
By Engineer Geoff on 06/09/05 16:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

If GM made more cars like this, they wouldn't be in trouble. I have 3500 miles on my 2005 CTS-V, half of it being wide open interstate and half in the doldrums of Los Angeles commuter traffic. This car replaces a highly modified Jaguar XJS-V12, and I am generally delighted with the move. The Cadillac handling is hard to fault, and selective turn off of stability and traction is welcome. I am less pleased with straight line performance, as the vehicle is subject to axle tramp unless care is taken to avoid it. Also, engine management slowly (over seconds) decreases rpm on release of throttle which makes for an odd feel on hard acceleration. DIC is distracting and features ill thought out.

This Car Is Hot
By hawkee on 06/06/05 16:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Just got my new CTS-V! Wow, is this thing fun to drive! Before making this purchase, I test drove a few speedy sedans and coupes cars (GTO, Mustang, G35, and BMW 330i) and I fell in love with the Caddy.