Used 2005 Cadillac CTS-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac Cts-v - Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Base 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual - (70 reviews )

Vette in a Sport Suit
By L.Sanchez

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I love this car. We'll start there. get excited getting into this car almost each and everytime I love the effortless power, balanced chassis, incredible brakes, and a quiet ride to boot. There were a couple of squeaks out back that I've gotten fixed with a quick aftermarket fix, but other than those, alls been great and I pound on my car daily.

Favorite Features

Motor, handling, nice nav, good lights.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger rear suspension cradle and less sloppy shifter.

Fun at Last
By YoungVP

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Finally an American rear drive that has plenty of horsepower. I have been waiting for something that gave me what my old BMW 540 had. This is much more reliable and cheaper to own. Plus, it's got all the American muscle that I have missed for many years! It is a great car. I will be buying the '08 model with 500 HP when it comes out.

Favorite Features

The horsepower and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the skip shift. Make the navigation touch screen.

Get Rid of the Bimmer
By Former M5 Owner

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

As a previous Porsche Boxster and BMW M5 owner I was skeptical about an American-made CADILLAC for myself (40-year old former European-make snob) to satisfy my craving for a family sedan and performance vehicle that didn't break my kid's college fund. It blew me away on the test drive. Its 400hp matched my M5 and shifting was a breeze. Its handling is excellent. I would recommend this car to any M5 owner who is looking for an alternative.

Favorite Features

The handling, horsepower, exterior look, xenon headlights, and built in XM satellite radio.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of skip-shift feature (in first gear car skips from 1st to 4th gear to save gas)--if I wanted to save gas I would buy a Hyundai. Give additional options for more leather interior and an option for headlight washers and iPod integration.

2005 CTS-V, Top Notch
By Bill S

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

My experience with BMWs is not good. Lots of trouble, lots of cost. I've had this Cadillac CTS-V for 22 months and have put 30,000 miles on it. I have never replaced the tires or had a warranty item. I do use snow tires from November to March and I rotate them at 5,000 mile intervals . My 350Z has been a disaster with tires and radios (3 sets of tires and 3 radios). My car still has no loose anything after 30,000 miles, but it takes some skill to drive this car. It's not for every one.

Favorite Features

Big time close ratio transmission and throaty V8 sound.

Buy German!
By rocdoc

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Had a Bmw M3 before this and have had multiple "hot rods." The build quality of the CTS-V is pathetic, as is the handling, even with the "handling package." I've had it in the shop a ton. I even got so tired of dealing with it that I'd wait until I had a few warranty items "saved up" so as to avoid more frequent visits. The depreciation is also horrible compared to a comparable foreign model- do not buy!