2005 Cadillac CTS-V - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual - (70 reviews )
Not Good
By Jim Hastings on 05/09/06 05:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

During my first month of ownership the radio had to be replaced. The keyless entry quit working after 6 months. Also, a "thud" noise when applying the brakes had to be fixed - I am still not sure what that was. The design is too low to the ground, maybe reason that the "plastic" front strip became lose and I ran it over it. The engine has power but it is not equally distrubuted the over wheel base thus the reason for the "black" soot on my chrome wheels. It makes the car look like it hasn't been cleaned in months. I thought the car looked really good but it is definitely not worth the money for all the little quirks that need to be worked out. This is the last GM that I'll buy.

Wow
By cliff on 03/27/06 13:53 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is the most enjoyable car to drive and what a bargain for what you receive. I have on occasion pushed the car to the limit and it will blow you away as well as most other cars on the road. it suprises everyone. Take a bow Cadillac for this one.

Awesome Fun
By Gary Mossner on 02/07/06 16:26 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I like my Cadillac CTS-V as much as my Corvette. The looks of astonishment that I get from Mustangs and BMW's are hilarious. They can't believe it is a Cadillac. Which it is, my first and certainly not my last. It handles like it's on rails. I had the G meter pegged out at .95 and it was effortless and held the corner tightly with hardly any tail movement.

The V
By v-guy on 01/20/06 16:21 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The Cadillac CTS-V is the cat's meow! I purchased it as more of a trophy to take out on nice days and when I needed some adreneline and man does this machine have it! I love everything about it, and best of all it's American! Anyone looking for a well built, unbelievably quick machine should consider the V!

Pure Hot Rod
By berne1 on 11/30/05 17:33 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The 2005 Cadillac CTS-V is unbelievable! I have more fun driving this than any car I've ever owned. The engine has tons of power, the car looks great with the 18" wheels and slightly flared fenders. This first couple times I drove it, I just laughed, the power is so plentiful. This car is downright fast. I get thumbs up from people who are "in the know" about this car. I got the Red Line color. At first I liked black the best, but I really think this is the best color on the V. I'm happy this car only comes with a 6-speed manual transmission, as several "non car-guy" types have bellyached to me about the "need for an automatic". No way. If you can't shift, get a STS-V or a Mercedes-Benz. This is a modern day muscle car.

V-time
By GEORGE on 10/07/05 08:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This car is the most fun I have ever had with a car since my 1969 Trans Am convertible. It is a wolf in sheep's clothing. It handles like a true sports car but still gives enough comfort to keep the wife happy.

CTSV - Slick American
By Zip on 10/02/05 18:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The one issue I have is the torque reversal noise when shifting at low speeds - it's normal but annoying. Such power needs to flex. Other than that, it's great, fast as heck, solid, taunt, has great road feedback, different style, plenty of room inside plus big trunk, an exceptional stereo, fold down back seats. Driving an American car makes me feels good!

Caddy CTS-V
By skyking9 on 09/16/05 19:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've had Corvettes, Porsches, Lexus, Jaguars and assorted sports cars, and this is the car I've found to be the most sheer FUN! Its build quality and reliability so far are excellent. My only complaint is that Caddy can build a car like this, and took almost 50 years to do it! They should have done it years ago!

World Class
By babylou on 08/07/05 13:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This car is truly world class once the shifter is changed to one made by UUC Motorwerks. It is not so over- "refined", ala Lexus or Mercedes AMG, that it is boring. The only competitor in its size class that is as fun is the BMW M5. Build quality is great. Cadillac reliability stats are impressive. All for a 30% lower price and better reliability than a BMW M5, MB E55 AMG, etc.

Redline revelry
By David on 08/05/05 06:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I find the CTS-V a very fun and exciting car to drive. I can't wait to get behind the wheel each morning. It is the highlight of my workday just to take the Caddy to work. The start of the engine is a thrill in itself. I am very pleased with my purchase.