2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual - (70 reviews )
over a year ownership (happy)
By logun on 05/17/12 14:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

bought my V with 49k on it in 2011. Performance is outstanding. It is F-A-S-T, saying that I don't abuse the car, but I have pushed the gas a few times. It corners well. The rear differential is crap. I cant say that enough. Huge fail point for GM. 2ndly the gear shift is crap as well. Designed after the BMW type shifter. It's vague & has a looong throw to it. Nothing like muscle car coupes of GM & Ford. Overall I do enjoy the car, it's definitely fun to drive & easy to pass folks. My suspension is nice & stiff, it will jar your kidneys on bumps. LOTS of power, sucks the gas if you lay into it. Decent mileage, City is aroud 16 mpg & hwy it's been up to 27mpg at 70 mph. 21mpg @ 85-90mph

A Corvette for those of us with kids
By Tim on 08/10/10 18:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

First, I own a 2005 CTS-V, essentially this means my 400HP comes from a 5.7 L Aluminum block instead of a 6.0 L one..that difference notwithstanding, the vehicles are nearly identical. First, this is an amazing vehicle, and can be had at a reasonable price. I purchased mine and it still has a full MasterGuard GMPP Warranty. For those of you who are looking at CTS-V's, I would recommend post 2005, as the 05's have rear differential issues that were addressed with an updated P/N in 06 (mine has been replaced). I get many positive comments on my black V, and she begs to be driven rough. The 6 speed is phenomenal, if a little bulky in traffic. Very smooth, very dignified, and fits the family

Racing Family
By mamma24 on 06/29/10 12:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Love our cts-v, 6 speed, 5.7, 4 door! Fun to drive, looks HOT and holds 3 kids in the backseat! Can't complain about the mpg, getting 22 when we drive easy! Always run 91 in it too! Wouldn't trade it, after 2 years, even with my 'cons' below! Tinted the windows in solar guard 5%. Exhaust is not loud enough for me. Putting flowmasters on soon. Always turns heads everywhere we go as it is!

Detroit Iron Flyer
By woospoint on 05/30/10 08:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

My first car was a 69 Camaro, followed by a couple of Firebirds in the 70's, an Old's Aurora in 90's and this CTS-V. This car is a quantum leap in feel and power. My drives seem shorter, because it is such fun to drive I hate to arrive. I like it's stealth Corvette quality. I bought this car used with 40,000 miles on it and it looks like new except for a small fleck of finish missing from one of the Nav system buttons. I get lots of complements from people who know what it is and those who don't. Total thrill to step on it and work through the gears and step down into a set of twisties.

A true 4 Door Vette
By Renesis 83 on 05/19/09 12:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned several muscle cars over the years and this one truly lives up to the standard, the handeling is great and the torque is available at any speed. Its a sleeper and the car is very under rated and there are few of these produced. All I can say is that 0-60 under 5 seconds and qtr miles in 13 seconds flat from a 3800lbs car is great. Also this one handles great and the steering reponse is excellent. Get rid of the runflat tires and you ll get your self and excellent highway cruiser. why over pay for an M5 when you can get this. I am very satisfied with the car and plan to keep it for years to come. Good work GM performance division. Also looking on 2010 camaro SS and 08 Gt500

Hmmmmn
By cheesemonger on 03/11/09 12:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Car runs fine, no problems of serious nature. Just it seems to be not well thought out. Simple thing, how can a car in this price range not have a central lock gas cover or at least an interior release for the gas cover? The navigation system is better than the BMW iDrive but that is a pretty low bar to beat. If l could take the computer tower out, it would improve my feelings a lot. l am stupid enough not to be able to change the name of previous owner so shut off personalization and now have no memory for seats. Cannot change clock, not a computer guy, a car guy yes, but too much computer issues.

Sweet Driving Machine
By runn'n hard on 06/25/08 11:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have always had sports cars; usually European. This car is superior in all respects to the other cars I have owned. The car has outstanding overall performance in an austere yet functional ad attractive cockpit. To those who think the drink holders should be larger:buy a different car. I had the computer "custom blueprinted" and removed the 1-4th gear interlock in the computer program. The car runs well with Michelin Pilot Sport tires

Best car I've owned
By Rollaz on 11/16/07 17:02 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This car is awesome, plenty of power, stopping ability. Sharp looking, I removed the "V" tags to go into sleeper mode. A radar detector is a must. I highly recommed getting one of these cars.

One problem after another
By Ian on 08/12/07 18:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This car is fast in a straight line, but that's about it. The differential is a poorly designed component that can't handle the power the motor puts out. I had the car a little over a year, and had to have it replaced once, and serviced for leaking twice. The suspension is OK, but it still drives like a large car. A lot of other things had to be repaired/replaced under warranty. Do not buy this car if the warranty is close to running out!

Yeehaw!
By Bobby on 08/04/07 20:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This car is a kick in the head! No BMW problems, just pure pushrod V8 fun! The only thing better than a CTS-V would be two CTS-V's! I can't wait for the 2009 CTS-V more and better of a very good thing.