2004 Cadillac CTS-V 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - THIS CAR IS IT!!!!! No

2004 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan - Consumer Review

THIS CAR IS IT!!!!! No more European cars for me!
By doobster6 on

2004 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Found me a pristine low miles '04 'V' just a few weeks back. I'm in love. Look for stupid excuses to drive it, anywhere, anytime, all the time! Drove German for years, no more. I'm a Baby Boomer mfg executive who grew up in the muscle car era but never owned one. Now I have it all. Best combination of Velcro-like handling and road comfort in 42 years of driving. Even PA's crappy roads can't flinch it. Will cruise effortlessly all day at 1,500 RPM in any gear; gets 29+ mpg doing it, or will scare you silly speed-wise at 6 mpg! Technology is dated but adequate. I'm proud to be driving American again!! Best performance bang for the buck on the planet; $18.5k for a mint American super-sedan!!

Favorite Features

400 HP; best front seats in 42 years of driving. Have come to love its edgy styling and simple, but effective interior. Handles on par with BMW E39 M5 but with better ride comfort. Muscle car motor music is part of what makes this 'executive's car' so much fun.

Suggested Improvements

Unforgivable that Cadillac didn't offer phone Bluetooth and voice commands with the V while offering them in the lesser CTS. DVD based NAV looks old school but gets the job done, mostly anyway.