2004 Cadillac CTS-V Consumer Review: No More Imports For Me

2004 Cadillac CTS-V - Consumer Review

No More Imports For Me
By No More Imports! on

2004 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned 6 imports (Japanese & European) and was tired of service problems and costs. I'm a "car guy", so mundane sedans are out of the question. The CTS-V tweaked my interest immediately. Ordered one (Feb. 04) with the option to buy. One overnight test drive sealed the deal. Traded a Z06 Corvette, an under rated, terrific car, simply because it wasn't practical enough. The CTS-V meets my demands for performance and utility. You "European-only" buyers should check out the "V" objectively. No, it's not a BMW or M-B, but a terrific performer. If you can forget "image", you might find the "V" meets your needs, too. It keeps Americans working and helps the trade-deficit problem, too.

Favorite Features

That primitive old pushrod American V8, acceleration, handling (with good ride), Brembo brakes (!), stability control, fuel economy, build quality, nav system, XM. The list goes on...

Suggested Improvements

Console tight against right leg; get rid of foot parking brake; telescoping column; allow direct pushbutton access to specific radio bands (rather than cycling through). I haven't had axle-hop problem, but that should be corrected.