Its a beast and a beauty
By Peter Clements on
2004 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)
I have owned this car for 15 months and it is the most fun I have had driving in 25 years including owning a Corvette. Its handling is comparable to the BMW 5-Series and its acceleration is superior to anything in its price class. As one car magazine put it in football terms... "It is a linebacker rather than a runnig back" but in my book it is an All American. As one who owned a four speed in my youth this six speed is a bit tricky. You cannot run through the gears with the confidence you that you will never miss a gear. They are too close and not defined well enough. That said the car is very strong in every gear and never runs out of breath.
Favorite Features
The ZO6 engine is sweet and well matched for the car. It proveds a great mix of power and handling exceptional. The brakes are better than anything I have ridden in or driven period.
Suggested Improvements
The transmission or shifter needs more definition and precision. Wheel hop on launch does not inspire confidence. The tire wear is pretty rapid. It needs new tires at 15,000 miles without very much hot driving. Needs the Acura engineers to redesign the navigation system. It is very user unfriendly.