Used 2004 Cadillac CTS-V Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac CTS-V - Consumer Reviews

2004 Cadillac CTS-V

Base 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual - (55 reviews )

MiCad
By Mitz

2004 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned this car 3yrs. 6months and have enjoyed every minute of driving it. I am constantly being complimented on my beautiful car. I get around town 22.5 to 23 mpg, which is more than I ever expected. I will be trading soon as I try to keep an 'in warranty' car but I really hate to let it go. It has exceeded all of my expectations.

Not one particular feature.

Automatic windshield wipers. The only problem I have had is that for some reason my tires wear out too soon.

Good except Halfshafts and Differential!
By Kenny Sanders

2004 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This car is a blast to drive.Six speeds of pure satisfaction! The suede inserts of the middle portion of the seats are a very fresh look. I would love to give this car all 10's just on fun factor alone. But the build quality of the differential and halfshafts for this car is a horror show disaster waiting to happen. GM needs do some recalls to the differential/halfshafts to get this car safe. How they have the nerve to pass a V6 drivetrain into a V8 boggles me.

The NAV radio is one of the best ones yet! Heated seats. Plenty of gauge choices. G-Force meter! Advanced driving competition mode choices.

The differential is too weak. You have to have it replaced several times. 2004-2005 also have smaller 1.25" halfshafts. They will break during a spirited 1st-2nd shift. GM caught on in 2006 and increased the halfshaft size to 1.50". GM should recall all 04- 05 halfshafts. Same for the differential.

Great Non-Family Car
By Dennis

2004 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I love my CTS-V. It is comfortable to drive and fun to drive HARD into turns. It has perfect balance. The only problem is paint rubbing off of the radio knobs and a rear end bearing failure. It has lots of wheel hop on a hard standing start, especially on wet pavement. I want a new '07 or '08 because of the 100,000 mile warranty. I plan to buy another one as soon this one's goes out of warranty..

The power and handling are as good as the Corvettes I have owned over the years, but cops don't look at you as hard. It has great styling and a good GPS system that will also play DVDs through the great Bose sound system.

Fix the rear end hop, which whiles out the rear end bearings. A Hurst shifter would be nice.

Fast Car, Handles Great
By hot car

2004 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The Cadillac CTS-V is a fast car. It does wheel hops off the line, but this can be fix by the dealer. It handles great, but its tires wear out fast and are expensive. The inside is nice, but I would like too see the inside of the doors covered in leather. Also there is no radio control for the CTS-V. The shifter needs improvement. For the first year of production, this was one heck of a car. Watch out in 2007

The style is very hot looking.

Fix the wheel hopping and improve the shifter.

G's CTS-V
By Greg Millard

2004 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I ordered this car six months before it was available. I grew anxious and impulse and bought a new Volvo S060R which was very nice but one drive of the 'V' and back went the Volvo to the dealership the S60 went, costing me over $5,000 for five weeks ownership. That is a lot of money, but the CTS- V is definetely a car with a soul that does was you want when you want and was well worth paying for my mistake. If fuel economy is your reason d'etre this is not your car. If however, high lateral grip, stupendous braking and ulta quick acceleration are on your list of priorities, you need look no further. And, it's Made in the USA.

The reliability and ultra low cost dealer service compared to the Big three (MB, BMW & Audi) German equivalents.

Ther shift linkage was quite long but the instalation of an aftermarket shifter cured that issue.