2004 Cadillac CTS-V - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual - (55 reviews )
Pre-Owned CTS-V review . . .
By Richard S. Vax, MD on 04/05/06 15:21 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

We purchased this vehicle used, with 14,000 miles. Our trade was an '05 Audi S4. The CTS is way more engaging and fun to drive. The sound of the motor is incredibly intoxicating. The brakes are stellar. The steering is more precise and linear than that of the Audi, and I enjoy shifting the car myself, instead of the S4's tiptronic.

Its a beast and a beauty
By Peter Clements on 10/09/05 22:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for 15 months and it is the most fun I have had driving in 25 years including owning a Corvette. Its handling is comparable to the BMW 5-Series and its acceleration is superior to anything in its price class. As one car magazine put it in football terms... "It is a linebacker rather than a runnig back" but in my book it is an All American. As one who owned a four speed in my youth this six speed is a bit tricky. You cannot run through the gears with the confidence you that you will never miss a gear. They are too close and not defined well enough. That said the car is very strong in every gear and never runs out of breath.

Great Car
By Caddi CTS-V on 09/26/05 15:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

While a fast, nice car, people who compare it to a Chevrolet Corvette are crazy. Yes it may share the same motor as the Corvette, but its 0-60 MPH time is slower. I am not saying it isn't a fast car, but I have taken my 2004 Corvette Convertible, Corvette Z06 and CTS-V to the track the Corvette Convertible does 0-60 in 4.6 seconds, the the Z06 does it in 4.2 seconds, where as the CTS-V does it in 5.0 seconds.

My daily thrill ride
By PCR on 06/24/05 23:00 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I never thought I could have this much fun driving a car. I usually take the train to work but I haven't been able to park this ride. Thank you Cadillac.

No More Imports For Me
By No More Imports! on 04/18/05 11:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned 6 imports (Japanese & European) and was tired of service problems and costs. I'm a "car guy", so mundane sedans are out of the question. The CTS-V tweaked my interest immediately. Ordered one (Feb. 04) with the option to buy. One overnight test drive sealed the deal. Traded a Z06 Corvette, an under rated, terrific car, simply because it wasn't practical enough. The CTS-V meets my demands for performance and utility. You "European-only" buyers should check out the "V" objectively. No, it's not a BMW or M-B, but a terrific performer. If you can forget "image", you might find the "V" meets your needs, too. It keeps Americans working and helps the trade-deficit problem, too.

JRJJ
By James Juge on 12/16/04 16:30 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This car is one fast get up and go machine with the comfort of a luxury sedan.

The 2004 Cadillac CTS is than my Mercedes-Benz E55
By dave-v on 12/14/04 17:51 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Let me preface this by saying that I am a German car snob. My most recent car was a 2001 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG. I have also had a BMW 540i, Porsche 996, Porsche 993, etc. This car really takes the cake. It is VERY fast, handles great and rides stiff but not too much so. The motor makes power everywhere. You are in 4th and roll up to a stop sign - no problem the torque will pull you away from a dead stop. You are always in the right gear. Kudos to the overdrive gear. At 75mph you are barely turning 2,000 rpm so I often get nearly 27 MPG. The seats are comfortable, although they could use more lateral support. The brakes are the best I have ever had on a 4 door car. GM really got this one right. Thanks to Bob Lutz. I do not miss the E55.

Corvette for the kids
By chiptractor on 12/07/04 13:09 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This vehicle is fun to drive fast, and it does not attract undue attention. The acceleration is very strong, allowing you to make passes like a motorcycle, and the brakes are very effective. Handling controls allow you to throw it around without concern, and you can turn them off if you really want to get sideways. You can sell it to your wife as a nice sensible family sedan if you keep it quiet when she's onboard.

Feel of a machine
By Timothy Landauer on 11/12/04 02:00 AM (PST)

2004 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I love this car, after wanting a stick shift for nearly 23 years, I finally got everything I wanted in one package.In the past one can only get a stick with a 4 cyl. or some economical package. Bravo Cadillac for making this car!

loads of fun
By kit on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The CTSV will have you reliving the muscel cars era or in some cases make you wish you were there. With traction control and stabilitrak the V is much more forgiving than its predecessors but the neat thing is you can turn off the traction and stabilitrak and get wild. You can 26 mpg on the hwy if you keep your foot out of it. If you love to drive you will love this car, the 6 speed takes a little getting use to but once you have it down you can't wait to get in and go. The V handels as good as it goes, I have reached 1.00 g without the feeling of pushing the envolope. The nav system is great, no more maps or looking for gas and hotels.