2004 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual - (55 reviews )
THIS CAR IS IT!!!!! No more European cars for me!
By doobster6 on 02/05/13 18:34 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Found me a pristine low miles '04 'V' just a few weeks back. I'm in love. Look for stupid excuses to drive it, anywhere, anytime, all the time! Drove German for years, no more. I'm a Baby Boomer mfg executive who grew up in the muscle car era but never owned one. Now I have it all. Best combination of Velcro-like handling and road comfort in 42 years of driving. Even PA's crappy roads can't flinch it. Will cruise effortlessly all day at 1,500 RPM in any gear; gets 29+ mpg doing it, or will scare you silly speed-wise at 6 mpg! Technology is dated but adequate. I'm proud to be driving American again!! Best performance bang for the buck on the planet; $18.5k for a mint American super-sedan!!

OMG!!! FAST!
By mojomagic on 12/16/12 04:57 AM (PST)

2004 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Just got this car with just over 100k and I am pleased. There were some things wrong that you would expect with a car with that many miles but GM parts are cheaper than Mercedes or BMW. One thing this car will do is eat your gas if you give it to it. I drive from Tampa to Orlando just to test it out and it ate a half tank of gas in only 83 miles! I was really driving for performance so that's what happens. On the way back I drive at 73 on cruise control and did not even use a quarter tank. So it depends on how you drive. I must say that this is my first American car and I think for the rest of my life I will be buying the "V" series from Caddy. I am a true believer now!

Show and Go
By Stuck in geAR on 07/27/10 12:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought my "V" used with @60,000 miles, and from the moment I first drove it, I knew that I was going to buy it. I was looking for a car that spoke of elegance and class, but if prodded, it could flatten my eyeballs. I wanted a Mustang GT with room for my date and another couple. The "V" delivers in spades. If I could, I would only make three improvements. At 6'3", I need the headroom that I lose to the sunroof. The shifter needs refinement; the skip-shift feature can be a bother. Be able to use the information screen without having to play the radio or CD. I love this car, and I am looking to have a stable full!

04 CTS-V
By DEP on 02/25/10 18:25 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Fun to drive in nice weather conditions! Very fast through all the gears, never in lack of power. Begs you to go fast! I bought used with 20k miles. Never had any problems mechanically and did not experience the differential problems some owner have had.

What a Rush!
By Jerad on 02/26/08 16:30 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is the nicest car I have ever driven; my father had Corvette's, Nissan 300 Twin Turbo Z's, Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4's, and Mercedes. The car has so much power and the engine makes it a dream to drive. I like that it's so practicle as I have a family and a corvette does not make sense when you have kids and only want one car. I've really enjoyed the features and care that Cadillac put into this vehicle. It was nothing like I ever expected from Cadillac, whose typical design is conducive to older drivers who want luxury and to just sit back and let the car do the driving for them...with the CTS-V...you are in complete control.

MiCad
By Mitz on 01/06/08 20:09 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned this car 3yrs. 6months and have enjoyed every minute of driving it. I am constantly being complimented on my beautiful car. I get around town 22.5 to 23 mpg, which is more than I ever expected. I will be trading soon as I try to keep an 'in warranty' car but I really hate to let it go. It has exceeded all of my expectations.

Good except Halfshafts and Differential!
By Kenny Sanders on 04/28/07 13:39 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This car is a blast to drive.Six speeds of pure satisfaction! The suede inserts of the middle portion of the seats are a very fresh look. I would love to give this car all 10's just on fun factor alone. But the build quality of the differential and halfshafts for this car is a horror show disaster waiting to happen. GM needs do some recalls to the differential/halfshafts to get this car safe. How they have the nerve to pass a V6 drivetrain into a V8 boggles me.

Great Non-Family Car
By Dennis on 03/17/07 16:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I love my CTS-V. It is comfortable to drive and fun to drive HARD into turns. It has perfect balance. The only problem is paint rubbing off of the radio knobs and a rear end bearing failure. It has lots of wheel hop on a hard standing start, especially on wet pavement. I want a new '07 or '08 because of the 100,000 mile warranty. I plan to buy another one as soon this one's goes out of warranty..

Fast Car, Handles Great
By hot car on 11/26/06 20:05 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The Cadillac CTS-V is a fast car. It does wheel hops off the line, but this can be fix by the dealer. It handles great, but its tires wear out fast and are expensive. The inside is nice, but I would like too see the inside of the doors covered in leather. Also there is no radio control for the CTS-V. The shifter needs improvement. For the first year of production, this was one heck of a car. Watch out in 2007

G's CTS-V
By Greg Millard on 09/05/06 13:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I ordered this car six months before it was available. I grew anxious and impulse and bought a new Volvo S060R which was very nice but one drive of the 'V' and back went the Volvo to the dealership the S60 went, costing me over $5,000 for five weeks ownership. That is a lot of money, but the CTS- V is definetely a car with a soul that does was you want when you want and was well worth paying for my mistake. If fuel economy is your reason d'etre this is not your car. If however, high lateral grip, stupendous braking and ulta quick acceleration are on your list of priorities, you need look no further. And, it's Made in the USA.