Used 2004 Cadillac CTS-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac Cts-v - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual - (55 reviews )

THIS CAR IS IT!!!!! No more European cars for me!
By doobster6

2004 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Found me a pristine low miles '04 'V' just a few weeks back. I'm in love. Look for stupid excuses to drive it, anywhere, anytime, all the time! Drove German for years, no more. I'm a Baby Boomer mfg executive who grew up in the muscle car era but never owned one. Now I have it all. Best combination of Velcro-like handling and road comfort in 42 years of driving. Even PA's crappy roads can't flinch it. Will cruise effortlessly all day at 1,500 RPM in any gear; gets 29+ mpg doing it, or will scare you silly speed-wise at 6 mpg! Technology is dated but adequate. I'm proud to be driving American again!! Best performance bang for the buck on the planet; $18.5k for a mint American super-sedan!!

Favorite Features

400 HP; best front seats in 42 years of driving. Have come to love its edgy styling and simple, but effective interior. Handles on par with BMW E39 M5 but with better ride comfort. Muscle car motor music is part of what makes this 'executive's car' so much fun.

Suggested Improvements

Unforgivable that Cadillac didn't offer phone Bluetooth and voice commands with the V while offering them in the lesser CTS. DVD based NAV looks old school but gets the job done, mostly anyway.

OMG!!! FAST!
By mojomagic

2004 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Just got this car with just over 100k and I am pleased. There were some things wrong that you would expect with a car with that many miles but GM parts are cheaper than Mercedes or BMW. One thing this car will do is eat your gas if you give it to it. I drive from Tampa to Orlando just to test it out and it ate a half tank of gas in only 83 miles! I was really driving for performance so that's what happens. On the way back I drive at 73 on cruise control and did not even use a quarter tank. So it depends on how you drive. I must say that this is my first American car and I think for the rest of my life I will be buying the "V" series from Caddy. I am a true believer now!

Favorite Features

I like when you press the gas you go!

Suggested Improvements

The gear shifter feels "sticky" going into second sometimes. Some parts feel a little cheap. lose the sued seats. better cup holders and storage compartments.

Show and Go
By Stuck in geAR

2004 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought my "V" used with @60,000 miles, and from the moment I first drove it, I knew that I was going to buy it. I was looking for a car that spoke of elegance and class, but if prodded, it could flatten my eyeballs. I wanted a Mustang GT with room for my date and another couple. The "V" delivers in spades. If I could, I would only make three improvements. At 6'3", I need the headroom that I lose to the sunroof. The shifter needs refinement; the skip-shift feature can be a bother. Be able to use the information screen without having to play the radio or CD. I love this car, and I am looking to have a stable full!

Favorite Features

Engine; the furious power and sound. The seats, the size and the look.

Suggested Improvements

Refine the shifter, upgrade at least some of the plastic, modernize the vehicle information screen.

04 CTS-V
By DEP

2004 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Fun to drive in nice weather conditions! Very fast through all the gears, never in lack of power. Begs you to go fast! I bought used with 20k miles. Never had any problems mechanically and did not experience the differential problems some owner have had.

Favorite Features

400HP! Exterior styling, comfortable seats, and great handling on the road. Highway driving got great gas mileage for a 400hp ride.

Suggested Improvements

The original tires were completely worn out by 15k miles. Tricky in the snow, definitely need good snow tires on this ride!

What a Rush!
By Jerad

2004 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is the nicest car I have ever driven; my father had Corvette's, Nissan 300 Twin Turbo Z's, Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4's, and Mercedes. The car has so much power and the engine makes it a dream to drive. I like that it's so practicle as I have a family and a corvette does not make sense when you have kids and only want one car. I've really enjoyed the features and care that Cadillac put into this vehicle. It was nothing like I ever expected from Cadillac, whose typical design is conducive to older drivers who want luxury and to just sit back and let the car do the driving for them...with the CTS-V...you are in complete control.

Favorite Features

Power, handling, braking system, nav, OnStar

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is always a concern, but pretty darn reasonable when you consider what's under the hood.