2012 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.2L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual - (2 reviews )
Wow, just wow. Auto, not manual here.
By hakalugi on 06/01/13 18:08 PM (PDT)

2012 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon 4dr Wagon (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

My first Caddy. My 3rd sports wagon (4th if you count a parent's Subaru that I cut my teeth on). I was in the market for a sports wagon that would be a little bigger than my beloved 2005 Subaru Outback XT Limited. That XT engine was a 300 whp (thanks to open source safe tuning) with 2 tone dash (black upper to keep glare down) but tan leather for heat rejection, a huge sunroof, heated seats, dual climate control, etc. Panamera's lack of 5 seats, and S7 too, ruled them out (3 kids). The lack of BMW 5 series wagons since 2010 and the Audi Allroad based on the smaller A4 left a gap in the market, and on a lark, I test drove the CTS-V wagon. Holy Handling Batman, this thing is amazing.

The near-perfect car
By gwoffreym on 01/06/12 19:56 PM (PST)

2012 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon 4dr Wagon (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I've had this car for 2500 miles now. All of the superlatives lavished on it by the auto press are apt and well deserved. I traded a 2005 CTS-V sedan and a 2010 CTS Performance Series Wagon in on this 2012 car that combines the functionality of both, a terrific if unusual combination. The car is docile and tractable when needs be and a manageable, hairy beast when the opportunity arises to let 'er rip. My mileage during break-in averaged 19 mpg, a little higher than EPA spec as has been my experience with my previous "V". The rainsense wipers take some getting used to...I would prefer a simple timeout as in past models...find it distracting waiting for the wiper to resond.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon in WA is:

$180 per month*