2011 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Cadillac Cts-v-wagon - Consumer Reviews

2011 CTS-V Wagon Consumer Reviews

Base 6.2L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual - (2 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

Fast and Furious yet Fully Forgiving
By s2011l

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon 4dr Wagon (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I have started this review several times, each time, deciding that maybe I was too biased to write it.....spend more time with the car and you will find a flaw to write about....that was my view at 1000 miles, 2500, 5000, 7500, and as I now close in on 10K miles, I am compelled to write my review....This is the best car on the face of the earth, dollar for dollar, that I have ever driven. I have owned just about every brand of German car and I have a great passion for them to this day, but value for money, I will take my CTS-V sport wagon any day of the week and twice on Sunday. This car does it all...black tie event with the wife, hockey practice for the kids, and my favorite - track day.

Favorite Features

The power band - linear and immediate, the brakes - there when you need them, the media interface - easy to use, the seats - maybe a tad overpriced but secure when the back end is hanging out. All in all, for a 40 something male with a great wife and kids, this car is the one stop shop that allows me to be a hubby, a dad, and a gear head all in one. Thank you Caddy for proving that America can and does get it right. This car has converted me back to buying from Detroit....I have been away from them for more than a decade and if GM keeps this up, I will be buying American for a long, long time.

Suggested Improvements

Four suggested improvements: Bluetooth interface is about as basic as one gets....I realize you want us to use OnStar but it would be nice if I could sync my address book. Passenger mirror should tilt down when in reverse.....these rims ain't cheap. Front parking aid would be nice..... Directional lines for the rear view camera, like BMW and MB have, would also be appreciated. None of these are deal killers.....they are just items I have noticed compared to other cars I have owned.... All in all, this car is a close to perfect as any multipurpose car I have owned....there are other cars out there that will out run or out corner this one, but you will pay twice as much.

"stealth" wagon
By kjbelg

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon 4dr Wagon (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Had this V-wagon 5 weeks now, and absolutely "love" it......bought the automatic. What a rush when you step on the gas! A lot of people were trying to talk me out of buying the V-series....why I don't know, but so far no regrets....Once you test drive one, you fall in love with the car. The handling is superb, the car hugs the road.....better then my '07 Corvette. Used to drive BMW's for years. Looks like GM finally made a car I trust taking around corners fast without having to worry for the rear-end to go out ;-)

Favorite Features

the panoramic roof, ease to reach all controls, the cargo area, because it is a "wagon"