Used 2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Cadillac Cts-v-coupe - Consumer Reviews

2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Base 6.2L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual - (3 reviews )

V...onderful to Drive
By jrhii

2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

The CTS V Coupe is the best car I have ever driven...I can not wait to get in and fire it up every chance I can get. I can honestly say the i truly have a smile on my face at all times. The is also the best handling car I have ever owned -- and I have had 5 BMWs, a Lexus (460) and a Mercedes e class. But the V Coupe takes the cake as far as ultimate fun .... I read many folks comments against the V but I would bet nearly all have never driven the V. Almost every time I stop I get questions, even at read lights and especially at a gas station (which unfortunately is a lot - LOL). They all have questions. The quality is fantastic and I have had no problems.

Favorite Features

The handling, the exhilarating performance at any speed - it always has more, the breaking ability, the comfort of the Recaro seats, the way it turns heads -- I actually had a driver in front of me driving a convertible actual turn around 180 degrees to look at my car which was behind him - that was scary indeed.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic rain detecting window wipers, and an automatic trunk closing button (loved those on the BMWs and Lexus.

Wow
By curved

2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I've had my coupe for 2,000 miles now and I'm very pleased. It's wild fast and very buttoned down at any speed. It gets lots of looks and I've been stopped a number of times by people interested in the car. When I start it up, its fun to watch everyone stop talking and crane to see what's making the sound. I wasn't expecting the "people factor" -- its almost like this car is a Lamborghini on a budget. The downsides are few. First, the car is not built as well as newer GM models that I own; my Cruze is much better built. The CTS-V's interior creaks and has had a number of other minor issues. Next, the car really begs for more than 70 mph speed limits. Can't blame the car for that though.

Favorite Features

The recessed door handles have got people's attention. 556 hp is an eye opener. Love the seats and 6 speed.

Suggested Improvements

The tires are okay, but there are newer better models out that could improve the car quite a bit. The limited slip differential is great, but I could really go for a high tech differential back there.

Ultimate Pleasure
By Pacemaker1

2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This car is a complete package for a very decent price. You know if money can buy everything then one can find pleasure in high end names. Nothing against any manufacturer but the sheer style, awesome firepower and price of this car makes it by far the best out of competitive and impressive fields of Porsche 911 turbo (not the 911 carerra S), BMW M, E63 AMG. Lets be honest to have the sporty look with elegant lines drawn across the car, magnetic ride of cadillac in a sports car as an option with sports suspension when needed, trunk space which can hold whole set of golf clubs with additional space of bags, actual back seat row.... hmmm

Favorite Features

Firstly ridiculously comfy and sporty Ricardo seats, fully loaded options Nav/ Bose standard. Truck space again can fit 1 if not 2 sets of golf clubs including drivers!!!! My 2 kids can conveniently fit in the back seat with ample leg room. Magnetic ride in city driving feels like a charm. The sheer torque of 551 lbs will make sure you are competing over and above regular 911 or 911 s. HP of 526 is ridiculous and available on demand. Nothing against any other manufacturer but this mean machine has come a long long way. Financing is very customer friendly and above all 4 years of platinum cadillac service will cover everything. No other brand except BMW will do that.....

Suggested Improvements

Obviously gas mileage. I am not here to save on gas if I'm going into performance car sector but having engine shut off on idle is desirable. Getting into and out of rear seat is somewhat challenging. This manufacturer needs to keep advertising this product. Amplifying exhaust sound should be added as a new option (as if the current one is not good enough). Before i leave having checked E 63 AMG, Porsche 911 turbo let me be clear for a fully loaded 911 (114K), 911 s (125K), and how about a V 8 Supercharged 526 hp, 551 lb torque for 75K. Save @ least 40 k to 75 K and enjoy a hell of ride with this beauty.