The CTS-V Coupe can never be "Out-Classed"!
By black_raven on
2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)
"Rival luxury coupes like the BMW M3 and Mercedes-Benz CLK550 outclass the 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe in terms of comfort, refinement and convenience." REALLY? The combo of the magnetic ride control and Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires make this car the smoothest riding performance coupe on the road. C&D and MT comparos support this. The Recaro seats and they are both comfortable, yet snug to keep you planted. Refined? The Coupe is the most head-turning vehicle on the road today. I have seen cars nearly wreck, trying to get a better look at my coupe. And Convenience? You can start the darn thing from your iPhone. What more do you want? 5.1 Bose system uses CD, USB, HD, iPod. Can't be beat
Favorite Features
My favorite features are the magnetic ride control (MRC), the pop up navigation system, and the 10-speaker 5.1 Surround Bose Infotainment system. The MRC gives you a smooth ride regardless of cruising or spirited driving. I've had it up to 152 mph, and the ride characteristics are no different than 52 mph with the MRC. The navigation system used in conjunction with Onstar Turn-by-Turn directions is phenomenal. Great graphics and you can elect to drop the display back into the dash and get audible updates. The Infotainment system is the best I've seen. You can use voice commands to select bands (AM, FM, XM, CD, Aux, HDD) and channels and never take your hands off the wheel.
Suggested Improvements
If I were GM, I would add blind spot warning. The rear pillars, while very attractive, are wide and can make lane changes 'interesting' if you don't check your blind spot. Also, my 2005 CTS-V sedan had an option to create a personalized message that displayed on the console screen after the system booted up. I'd like to see that feature return to this generation of V vehicles.