Used 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Cadillac Cts-v-coupe - Consumer Reviews

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Base 6.2L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual - (7 reviews )

Love My Car!
By redtop10

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I just know that it's the best looking car on the road. Period. Nothing compares. And my girlfriends love it and are soooo jealous.

Suggested Improvements

Blind Side Alerts. More comfortable back seats. But I never have anyone back there anyway.

Drive This Car and then....
By drivethemall

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Performance-Comfort-Value. Amazing! 6-speed manual helps "unleash" this puppy. (I know the automatic performs well... perception is reality... the 6-speed manual is a "must have".)

Favorite Features

Recaro seats. Suspension. 6-Speed manual. Interior design. Suede steering wheel and shifter. Did I mention the performance?

Suggested Improvements

A state-of-the-art 8 speed paddle shift automatic as an option. More exhaust tone and launch control would be welcomed. Lose the monster light on the rear spoiler. Only one "problem" - this car is deceptively fast in part because feedback to the driver is "muted". I suppose the speedomoter at +140 plus "tells" me something :-)

The CTS-V Coupe can never be "Out-Classed"!
By black_raven

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

"Rival luxury coupes like the BMW M3 and Mercedes-Benz CLK550 outclass the 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe in terms of comfort, refinement and convenience." REALLY? The combo of the magnetic ride control and Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires make this car the smoothest riding performance coupe on the road. C&D and MT comparos support this. The Recaro seats and they are both comfortable, yet snug to keep you planted. Refined? The Coupe is the most head-turning vehicle on the road today. I have seen cars nearly wreck, trying to get a better look at my coupe. And Convenience? You can start the darn thing from your iPhone. What more do you want? 5.1 Bose system uses CD, USB, HD, iPod. Can't be beat

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the magnetic ride control (MRC), the pop up navigation system, and the 10-speaker 5.1 Surround Bose Infotainment system. The MRC gives you a smooth ride regardless of cruising or spirited driving. I've had it up to 152 mph, and the ride characteristics are no different than 52 mph with the MRC. The navigation system used in conjunction with Onstar Turn-by-Turn directions is phenomenal. Great graphics and you can elect to drop the display back into the dash and get audible updates. The Infotainment system is the best I've seen. You can use voice commands to select bands (AM, FM, XM, CD, Aux, HDD) and channels and never take your hands off the wheel.

Suggested Improvements

If I were GM, I would add blind spot warning. The rear pillars, while very attractive, are wide and can make lane changes 'interesting' if you don't check your blind spot. Also, my 2005 CTS-V sedan had an option to create a personalized message that displayed on the console screen after the system booted up. I'd like to see that feature return to this generation of V vehicles.

This car is outstanding
By kwygon

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

You guys at edmunds must be on the German payroll. They make nothing that compares. In Motor Trend tests available on UTube it beats the M5 in every test. Drag race, road course, quarter mile, braking, 0 to 60. It rides better and is $30,000 less money. I guess you can tell I love mine. If you need more room buy the sedan. The rear view is fine. The mirrors are great and so is the back up cam. Head room no problem.The ride is awesome, the seats are great and all the electronic toys are second to none. What a head turner. JD Powers rate BMW, Audi and the big M in the bottom 3 in first year customer satisfaction. I guess you forgot about that. I still can't believe GM build this car. Thank You

Favorite Features

Power, ride, handling, looks, seats, sound system, nav system, electronic door opener, remote start.

Suggested Improvements

None

GM vs. the world...and GM won
By Dr. Dub

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I wanted the total package: V8, 400HP, 400TQ, RWD and all of the super sedan amenities. The CTS-V beat out the Lexus IS-F, Audi S5 and the Mercedes C63 AMG. The V is pure, automotive lust. Acceleration, braking and handling is incredible. Inside: leather, keyless, popup infotainment screen, back up camera, Bluetooth and remote start turns the HVAC and/or heated seats on for you, depending on temp. The Recaros aren't worth $3500 over the base seats, which offer nice lateral support. The CTS-V coupe IS the total package. A perfect daily driver, luxury coupe or track car, its easily worth $80- 100k. I've only owned imported cars until now and it's nice having American muscle in my garage.

Favorite Features

Powertrain sounds as good as it drives. I honestly use the remote start just to hear it from the outside. :D Flexibility of the auto transmission is nice (consider: I'm a card-carrying MT guy). Hard drive and touchscreen infotainment system. Styling: the perfect mix of curves and angles.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy stinks. Variable displacement? The tactile quality of interior materials is good, but well short of M- B, BMW, Lexus and Infiniti. The steering is a bit light an numb, but weights up nicely when driving aggressively. Sunroof only pops up, doesn't slide back. Save your money.