Surprisingly Impressed
By sandiegoken on
2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
My first american built car , coming from a BMW 650i Coupe, my 2012 Cadillac Coupe is well built, handles great, very comfortable and fun to drive. The sport supension gives the car a tight and sporty feel. Handling and cornering are great. The fit and finish is well done and though many may feel the interior is tight, I like that feel in a sport coupe and would buy a sedan or SUV if I wanted roominess!! I was tired of the expensive quirkiness of my past BMW's and Mercedes and after 4 Lexus' - wanted something different. This car has unique style, you don't see 4 of them t every stop light and it is quiet, has a great sounding engine and is comfortable.
Favorite Features
I really like the Reccaro seats - the standard seats I found uncomfortable and stiff but the sport seats are amazing and most comfortable seats I have had in a car. I like the retractable Nav screen - it is nice not to have a big screen to look at when you are driving around town. The fact that the car uses regular fuel vs. premium is a nice bonus, but not a big deal. The remote start capability is nice if you like to cool the car down before you head out and the ventilated seats are much more effective than those on BMW or Lexus. I like the 19" wheels, they look good on this car - the 18's seem small for the profile of the car. The blind spot indicators take away visibility issues for me.
Suggested Improvements
A soft close trunk would be nice, you have to give this one a good push to close. Likewise, soft close doors would also be a nice feature.