2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe Consumer Review: What a thrill!

2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe - Consumer Review

Performance Coupe (3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic)

What a thrill!
By briansatx on

2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe Performance 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The car is a stunner visually. It's hard to walk up to it without a smile on your face and you get a lot of positive reactions from other people. The interior is also very nice, as with all of the CTS line. The seats are firm, but comfortable. I've made a 2-day, 1400 mile trip in the coupe and was very comfortable. I have the performance collection coupe w/o the summer tires and the ride is firm, controlled but comfortable. I don't feel isolated from the road but I don't feel every bump in it either. The car performs well and is a lot of fun to drive. The rear seating is tight, I would never put an adult back there ... who in their right mind would buy a coupe for the back seat?

I love the styling, without a doubt. I have to say that it is awesome to have a car that so clearly abondons the idea that automobiles have to be bland, uninteresting appliances. Whether you love the styling or hate it, it inspires a reaction ... just as good art should. The interior is also very nice. It's a comfortable and inviting place to spend time.

I would say the rear visibility would need improvement. However, to improve that Cadillac would need to change the appearance of the car and I would not be in favor of that. If you position your mirrors correctly and actually turn your head and look where you are going, it's not an issue.
By joe1050
on 01/04/12 08:39 AM (PST)

it appears that the professionals are not too keen on the 2012 CTS 2DR Coupe 3.6 Liter engine. Having leased my first American Made auto in over 20 years, I must say the the new 2012 Cadillac Coupe has what my Mercedes and Lexus cars never had....Outright Show Stopper looks. The zero to 60 times are around 6 seconds and I have had the car over 100 MPH. What more do you need. Nothing,I mean Nothing looks like this vehicle. Performance is good, steering is great and all this on Regular Gas at ap-proximately 35 cents a gallon less than Mercedes and Lexus Premium, does not hurt either. One thing my former cars never did to me was make me smile every time I look at my Cadillac. Come to think of it, the last car that did that to me was also made in the USA.....my Corvette. Would like to see lane assist on the mirrors as standard. Viability is a slight problem.

By terry1048
on 02/05/12 18:07 PM (PST)

I have the base 2011 model and just love it.