Used 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe

View reviews for a specific CTS Coupe model:

solid, responsive and capable
By Marialana Lenhart

2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Don't buy a CTS coupe if you have difficulty getting in/out of a car, or are looking for a roomy rear seat compartment for adults. Do buy the car if you appreciate a solid, responsive and capable road experience. I bought the RWD because I preferred a smoother drive compared to the AWD CTS's I tested, and have so far experienced very good traction on interstate travel in downpours. Doubt I will want to drive the CTS during major snowstorms, but I bought it already having a car for extreme winter weather.
I think the car looks great and garners respect from other vehicles. I have read about CTS owners who experience a 'shudder' in low speeds before the transmission moves into a higher gear. I have experienced this one or two times at very low speeds, but during normal driving acceleration it has not been noticed. I wanted a comfortable touring car with a lot of attitude, and this is what I've found the car to have. Less than 40,000 miles and runs like new.

Beautiful car
By snakester1

2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love a good looking car and this one of the sharpest and most unique looking cars on the road.The fit , finish and paint quality are impressive. Its as nice on the inside as it looks on the outside. Very comfortable seats and clear well thought out controls. A little disappointed in the 10 speaker Bose audio systems power output but the sound is crisp and clean. The six speed shiftable auto is smooth and quiet.The engine seems
under powered and struggles to haul this small yet 3900 lb. car up to speed from a stop. It has good freeway punch and does well once you get it rolling. Handling is tight and flat and inspires confidence in wet or dry conditions and
extremely maneuverable.

Surprisingly Impressed
By sandiegoken

2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My first american built car , coming from a BMW 650i Coupe, my 2012 Cadillac Coupe is well built, handles great, very comfortable and fun to drive. The sport supension gives the car a tight and sporty feel. Handling and cornering are great. The fit and finish is well done and though many may feel the interior is tight, I like that feel in a sport coupe and would buy a sedan or SUV if I wanted roominess!! I was tired of the expensive quirkiness of my past BMW's and Mercedes and after 4 Lexus' - wanted something different. This car has unique style, you don't see 4 of them t every stop light and it is quiet, has a great sounding engine and is comfortable.

I really like the Reccaro seats - the standard seats I found uncomfortable and stiff but the sport seats are amazing and most comfortable seats I have had in a car. I like the retractable Nav screen - it is nice not to have a big screen to look at when you are driving around town. The fact that the car uses regular fuel vs. premium is a nice bonus, but not a big deal. The remote start capability is nice if you like to cool the car down before you head out and the ventilated seats are much more effective than those on BMW or Lexus. I like the 19" wheels, they look good on this car - the 18's seem small for the profile of the car. The blind spot indicators take away visibility issues for me.

A soft close trunk would be nice, you have to give this one a good push to close. Likewise, soft close doors would also be a nice feature.

What a thrill!
By briansatx

2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe Performance 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The car is a stunner visually. It's hard to walk up to it without a smile on your face and you get a lot of positive reactions from other people. The interior is also very nice, as with all of the CTS line. The seats are firm, but comfortable. I've made a 2-day, 1400 mile trip in the coupe and was very comfortable. I have the performance collection coupe w/o the summer tires and the ride is firm, controlled but comfortable. I don't feel isolated from the road but I don't feel every bump in it either. The car performs well and is a lot of fun to drive. The rear seating is tight, I would never put an adult back there ... who in their right mind would buy a coupe for the back seat?

I love the styling, without a doubt. I have to say that it is awesome to have a car that so clearly abondons the idea that automobiles have to be bland, uninteresting appliances. Whether you love the styling or hate it, it inspires a reaction ... just as good art should. The interior is also very nice. It's a comfortable and inviting place to spend time.

I would say the rear visibility would need improvement. However, to improve that Cadillac would need to change the appearance of the car and I would not be in favor of that. If you position your mirrors correctly and actually turn your head and look where you are going, it's not an issue.