2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe critical faults!
By carlson4RXN on
2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe Performance 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
1. 304 hp is not enough, a V-8 w/400 hp should be standard for this vehicle. 2. Front seats are terribly uncomfortable,replace them w/ seats from the sedan or the SRX - lots of good comfort. 3. The exterior paint colors are too few and many should be put only on outhouses. Paint options should include all of the Cadillac colors and be at no cost added. 4. The back seats for only 2 people is silly and very uncomfortable. Fix this and make the seat flat for extra room. 5. The performance package w/only summer time tires is stupid stupid! 6. The ride is sometimes rough, fix this and make it a luxury comfort ride like a real Cadillac! 7. The hot rear exhaust pipes can burn your legs if touched.
Favorite Features
1. Just the exterior style and profile.
Suggested Improvements
1. See the previous comments. 2. The dark windows should be replaced with glass that adjusts to sunlight (like photogray eyeglass lens) 3. Make rear view mirror longer for safety. 4. Offer a rubber molding on side of the vehicle for door-ding protection.
By edsto
on 05/01/11 06:29 AM (PDT)

This guy's comments must be a joke. He must work for a competitor! Did you take it for a test drive? Did you sit in the back seat before you bought it? Why didn't you buy the sedan if you wanted a back seat for three? I‘ve owned an ‘08 CTS sedan since ’08 and the seats are fantastic! I love the car! I am currently looking at the 2011 Coupe as a replacement for the ’08, but I will consider all the pros and cons before I buy it, not complain publicly afterwards! The comments don't make sense! Who buys something for $50,000 that they didn't want in the first place! It is like buying a convertible and then start complaining that the top comes down! Wow!

By shaymasdaddy06
on 02/24/11 20:53 PM (PST)

Most of the issues you identified are things that are easily found before you buy the car. Unless you have $40 - 50K to throw away, this is not the car for you....find yourself a nice '76 Eldorado and then you will not be having those issues. Now that was a nice car back in the day!!!!

By dam22
on 04/22/11 22:51 PM (PDT)

This guy must have a Coupe from an alternate universe from the hot one I own! LOL!

By edsto
on 07/16/11 05:26 AM (PDT)

Follow up to my comments on 5/1/11. Well, contrary to this guy's comments, after doing my usual amount of homework, which is a lot, I replaced my '08 red CTS sedan which I thoroughly loved, with a new 2011 Black CTS Coupe. And...Wow! I love this car more than my '08 CTS! The styling is fantastic! I have had about 22 new cars through the years and I have never received this many compliments on a car before, and I have had some really nice cars! The interior and exterior are beautiful. The seats are comfortable, the 304 HP with the 6 speed trans are just fine and very smooth! It uses regular gas!….not premium! My '08 and my new coupe both are all wheel drive which are absolutely great in the snow, actually fun to drive! I went with the 18” all season tires and FE2 suspension which gives great handling and a firm but very nice ride. Yes, the rear seat head room in the coupe is compromised for the great styling……but who cares! The leg room is the same as the sedan and two people can still fit. We use my wife’s SUV when we want to carry 4-5 people! The CTS Sedans and Coupes are fantastic and a “great value”. The competitors IE, Mercedes E-Class, BMW 5 series, Jaguar XF, etc….All will run $10,000 to $15,000 more to duplicate all the great equipment you get on the CTS Premium Edition for just $50K total! Try one! You'll love it!

By ttruglio
on 01/23/11 14:13 PM (PST)

Why did you buy the car? What you want is the caddie of old, soft mushy ride with living room type seats. This is NOT your fathers car, this is a drivers car!!!!!