Great interior,unreliable engine area
By dcmertz on
2001 Cadillac Catera 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
My husband and I purchased this car 6 months ago. We have since then had the spoiler fall off (without the dealer taking ownership of this) the headlights are already clouded, replaced the front tires, and these are not inexpensive over $200 each. We have also replaced the idle arm, the coolant leaked behind the engine and only one place to get the part, and not inexpensive to fix, We paid 6000. However have in 6 months put in 2600 in repairs. whats next? The car handles great in the winter with over 6" of snow, no complaints there, it's just the maintenance is not what we paid for and for the Cadillac name this is very disappointing. Wish we would have read up on it more. Buyer beware.
Favorite Features
radio;being a bose stereo. handling in snow; traction control system. roomy. my 6'4 husband and I fit comfortably and 2 adults in the back seat fit comfortably.
Suggested Improvements
I am glad to see this turned into the CTS with major improvements. This is not your grandfather's Cadillac. My grandfather owned them for years, however now I know why there were not many made in the early 2000's. I am surprised Cadillac has had no recalls on this car, especially with the coolant, etc
By soren919
on 01/15/11 22:01 PM (PST)

Amen. I wish I would've done my homework on it before I bought it....now I have to get rid of it (thank God!)