2000 Cadillac Catera Consumer Review: To my surprise

2000 Cadillac Catera - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

To my surprise
By Back in a Caddy on

2000 Cadillac Catera 4dr Sedan

I'm surprised by this car, I've not had a lot of problems with my sedan. I bought this used a few years back with 48,000 mi on it after I couldnt afford to get my older 7 series BMW fixed. I sometimes forgot I wasn't in my BMW when driving down the interstate because the Catera gripped the road like a small series BMW. If you stood outside this car you'd think a tall man like myself that stands 6'4 could never fit comfortably and then you get in, it's like wow? I've found that a lot of GM mechanics have a hard time working on my car because it's German made so I've been taking it to my BMW mechanic who feels right at home. I've serviced this car on a reg basis and soon approaching 100,000!

They out did themselves with the seats, so comfortable and when activated the seats heat up fast. The Bose system in this car made me buy 1 for my entertainment system at home, and when driving I find myself enjoying my Jazz a lot more. Very quiet interior & lots of options with the sunroof controls

Performs ok for a V-6, but they should have put a little more horsepower in this baby. Wish it had a Navigation system as a standard option. The last thing that would have made this vehicle look more like a Cadillac... would have been more woodgrain. Good car for the price tho.