2000 Cadillac Catera Consumer Review: 1st Caddy Daddy

2000 Cadillac Catera - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

1st Caddy Daddy
By RAIDERS5000 on

2000 Cadillac Catera 4dr Sedan

This is my first Cadillac. I've always been a Lincoln Town Car man because of the size and comfort. I bought this Caddy used for $6,999. It was in immaculate shape. After test driving it, I fell in love. It has a smooth ride,very comfortable feel and is a joy to drive. I may complain about the appearance some but not much. The fantastic interior far outways the exterior's short cummings. The loud Bose sound system and fun to play with moonroof are great. The leather memory seats are definitely of the Cadillac quality. The engine could use a few more horses but I can't complain. It still has great power. If you're in the market for a Caddy, you can't go wrong with a 2000 or later Catera. I've had no problems with this car through 65,000 miles and counting!

I love the interior layout. The memory seats, wood grain, quiet of the engine, 17" factory sporty chrome wheels, Bose sound system, highway cruisin', automatic electronic leveling, factory alarm system, all power options, and cold A/C for front and rear passengers, driver's side leg room, traction control, and outstanding dash.

If it were still in production, I would give it an early model Seville look. The front half doesn't quite match the rear half. It's like two cars jammed into one. Someone needs to make aftermarket body side molding kits to give this car the flare it truly deserves. Rear spoilers should've been standard.