Used 2000 Cadillac Catera Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Catera model:

Bad apples of the Cadillac.
By Miriam

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan 4dr Sedan

Repaired 3 times check Engine never goes away. Inside Engine material is plastic imagine! on a 260 degree Hot Engine. that is why it constant need repair. This car should had been a recall. It stop in the middle of the road without warning. Don't bother to call GM they won't help you, this has been put under the carpet rather then recall. (IS Cheaper).

Good seating.

Replace the plastic intake with Metal like a normal car, Left & Right intake better quality hose rubber not plastic.

Cadillac's Worst Car
By anonymous

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is terrible. The one good thing I got out of it was that I could warn other people like you to NOT buy this car. I've had problem after problem with this car. It is always at the mechanic. Seemed like a good buy, but I spent so much more money repairing it. Some of the problems I had were my door falling apart, power windows stopped working, my ABS and traction control stopped working, and my speedomotor hasn't worked in months. My car randomly broke down once on my way to work too. This car is a PIECE. DO NOT buy one. Cadillac made a terrible car, I would never want anyone to have the problems I had with this car. It might look cute and nice on the outside, but it is terribly made.

None

Everything...

An Absolute WASTE Of Money!
By Allison

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan 4dr Sedan

I haven't even had this car for a month and it's already been in the shop three different times! Problems with the engine, mass air flow sensor, gaskets, and electrical problems. The first week I had it, ran great. Now the radio and heated seats quit working. And to top it all off, the sunroof automatically opens at random times and will not close! I thought cadillacs were nice reliable luxery vehicles???? Don't let the looks fool you!

Heated seats... if they work that is

Overall quality of the car should be improved

Do not buy one
By Crapola

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan 4dr Sedan

What a piece of junk! I took a gamble and bought a 2000 Catera this past August. Traded it in this month ( November ). In the 3 months I owned it, I spent almost $1,000 in repairs. Transmission solonoid, oil gasket, emission valve, brake boost valve....countless others needed and advised by my mechanic to cut my losses and pawn it off, so I did. If anyone out there is looking at buying one of these, don't! The car may look nice and the price may be right, but just don't do it. Parts are very expensive, and these cars are a real pain to work on! It will be a choice you will soon regret, just like I did. I got next to nothing on trade in too, by the way! Cost me lots of money in the end!

The Bose stereo is really nice! The leather seats were very comfortable.

None. They stopped making this car in 2001 for a reason.

Not a real Cadillac
By dcv

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan 4dr Sedan

The car drives like a dream, however, the check engine light will not go off. No one can find the problem. The rear middle seat belt locks and cannot be used. The gas mileage is horrible. A new fuel pump at 70K cost me $917. If you try to run anything except premium fuel, you will find yourself in a world of hurt. My advice is to buy a real Cadillac (Deville, for example). Better mileage, better service. Cadillac needs to stand behind this product and make it right. I sure wish I had bought a Deville!

Leather seating, BOSE stereo system, cargo room in the trunk.

With the recurring problems, Cadillac needs to recall these cars and resolve the issues. Of course, that requires training the service techs on how to work on these cars.