2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2000 Cadillac Catera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Catera model:

2000 Catera Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Europian "crap-ollac"
By scott

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

I have had nothing but problems with my car. I bought it used from a dealership for way too much. I didn't look at any consumer reviews before hand. I thought - "It's a Cadillac, of course it's nice!" Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. From the lot I had nothing but troubles with the car. I bought it with 38,000 in 2007, and now it rests, with a blown engine, in my drive way with 60,000 miles on it. Those were very expensive 22,000 miles! I am thankful though that this model wasn't an American made car. Come on gm! Do not buy this car!

Favorite Features

I liked the Bose cd player until it stopped working.

Suggested Improvements

Don't produce a "low-end" high-end car anymore. Especially one that's foreign

Run Farrrr Away From Catera
By yaki

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

the car runs perfectly when ur not spending thousands of dollars on it. worst cadillac ever built.check engine light always on.most users complain about cosmetic faults like door knob and all but let me tell you all the issues you will have with this cadi. catalytic converters,mass air flow sensor,o2 sensors,camshaft postion sensor,secondary air solenoid,crank sensor,air injection pump,modulator. once you fix all of those,a few thousand dollars after,you are good to go for a month or so till they all go bad again. trust me on this,the car is beautiful,lovely interior and sound system but there is something bout the engineering that just makes all those things go bad

Favorite Features

leather seats,bose premium audio

Suggested Improvements

nothing.the entire model should be recalled and owmers refunded

read before you buy
By david hause

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

well when we first looked at this car we thought...wow. We found a car that looks and drives like a dream for the right price...we were right but soon after we drove it hope the electric in this car went wacky, the headlight went out..$25. Then the brake lights stop working as well as the sunroof, cruise control and other small things

Favorite Features

well i never really got a chance to enjoy the wonderful features of the catera cause everything STOPPED WORKING!!!

Suggested Improvements

i would say that they need to work on the electronics of this car

My first Cadillac
By MY FIRST CADILLAC

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

This car has been a dream to have. I have been through a lot of cars but this car takes the cake. I get a lot of offers from people to buy my car. it handles the road great. It's a eye catcher for sure. I've never seen a Catera like mine. Before purchasing this car Catera was the last thing on my mind to drive. When the salesman showed me the car and I test drove it I was in heaven. It have 62,000 miles on it in April of 2008 which sweetens the whole deal. Authentic Cadillac rag top. Maroon with 17" chrome Cadillac rims. Sunroof with OnStar. The only thing this car lacks is a spoiler they but if you ask me i think the spoiler lacks the car. I'm forever committed to Cadillacs. CTS-V HERE I COME!

Favorite Features

Bose Sound System. OnStar. Cadillac Rag. It's made in Germany. What else needs to be said....

Suggested Improvements

Only one suggestion. A limited edition 2010 Cadillac Catera but only if it can be produced in Germany.

problem after problem
By Charles Fields

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

Cadillac should be sued for making a piece of crap like this. I own a 2000 catera, and it stalls out at random. The rpm don't go above 1 when idling. My fuel cap censor is going haywire, my check engine censor is on the fritz as well. If Cadillac is going to keep making vehicles like this, then they need to go back to square 1 at the drawing board. Its my first car and I thought it was nice. It was nice for the fist 6 months, now it's been sitting in my driveway for the last 7 months.

Favorite Features

None. The car doesn't work right, so what good are the stupid features!!!

Suggested Improvements

everything!!!

Catera
By James

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

It is fast. The motor has a powerful noise to it. It never broke down on me. It's a small car and it has a sporty look.

Favorite Features

The 8 speakers in it, sports mode, traction control, winter mode, power seats, memory seats, rear wheel drive, and Bose radio. It has lots of stuff in it, it's loaded.

Suggested Improvements

I like every thing about it. It's good like it is.

Glad to be Rid of It
By dan

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

My Cadillac Catera has been nothing but trouble. I have had to make many trips to the dealer for minor repairs. The last problem was that the battery would die every time it rained. I had to meke three trips to the dealer for this problem and they could find nothing wrong. I traded it in and am glad to be rid of it.

Wouldn't Buy It Again
By Linda

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

After nearly twenty trips to the dealer for repairs, my Catera's rear windows still won't stay up, and it has constant engine sensor problems...the list goes on. I have been told by other owners as well as several technicians that there are lots of problems with this model. I would NOT recommend to anyone.

My Cadillac
By Mary Stokes

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

I have enjoyed my 2000 Cadillac Catera very much. It is trustworthy and can accelerate quickly. The only thing that bothers me about it is that in the mornings when its engine is cold it seems to not go into first gear easily.

Favorite Features

I just love the overall look of the car. Its stereo is terrific. The leather seats are soft and comfortable.

Love My Caddy
By icujonesrn

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

This is the epitomy of luxury in a sport sedan. It is absolutely impossible to lose control of this vehicle on ice, snow, etc. I love my Catera!!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is somewhat poor for a V6.