Used 2000 Cadillac Catera Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Catera model:

Europian "crap-ollac"
By scott

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

I have had nothing but problems with my car. I bought it used from a dealership for way too much. I didn't look at any consumer reviews before hand. I thought - "It's a Cadillac, of course it's nice!" Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. From the lot I had nothing but troubles with the car. I bought it with 38,000 in 2007, and now it rests, with a blown engine, in my drive way with 60,000 miles on it. Those were very expensive 22,000 miles! I am thankful though that this model wasn't an American made car. Come on gm! Do not buy this car!

I liked the Bose cd player until it stopped working.

Don't produce a "low-end" high-end car anymore. Especially one that's foreign

Run Farrrr Away From Catera
By yaki

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

the car runs perfectly when ur not spending thousands of dollars on it. worst cadillac ever built.check engine light always on.most users complain about cosmetic faults like door knob and all but let me tell you all the issues you will have with this cadi. catalytic converters,mass air flow sensor,o2 sensors,camshaft postion sensor,secondary air solenoid,crank sensor,air injection pump,modulator. once you fix all of those,a few thousand dollars after,you are good to go for a month or so till they all go bad again. trust me on this,the car is beautiful,lovely interior and sound system but there is something bout the engineering that just makes all those things go bad

leather seats,bose premium audio

nothing.the entire model should be recalled and owmers refunded

read before you buy
By david hause

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

well when we first looked at this car we thought...wow. We found a car that looks and drives like a dream for the right price...we were right but soon after we drove it hope the electric in this car went wacky, the headlight went out..$25. Then the brake lights stop working as well as the sunroof, cruise control and other small things

well i never really got a chance to enjoy the wonderful features of the catera cause everything STOPPED WORKING!!!

i would say that they need to work on the electronics of this car

My first Cadillac
By MY FIRST CADILLAC

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

This car has been a dream to have. I have been through a lot of cars but this car takes the cake. I get a lot of offers from people to buy my car. it handles the road great. It's a eye catcher for sure. I've never seen a Catera like mine. Before purchasing this car Catera was the last thing on my mind to drive. When the salesman showed me the car and I test drove it I was in heaven. It have 62,000 miles on it in April of 2008 which sweetens the whole deal. Authentic Cadillac rag top. Maroon with 17" chrome Cadillac rims. Sunroof with OnStar. The only thing this car lacks is a spoiler they but if you ask me i think the spoiler lacks the car. I'm forever committed to Cadillacs. CTS-V HERE I COME!

Bose Sound System. OnStar. Cadillac Rag. It's made in Germany. What else needs to be said....

Only one suggestion. A limited edition 2010 Cadillac Catera but only if it can be produced in Germany.

problem after problem
By Charles Fields

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

Cadillac should be sued for making a piece of crap like this. I own a 2000 catera, and it stalls out at random. The rpm don't go above 1 when idling. My fuel cap censor is going haywire, my check engine censor is on the fritz as well. If Cadillac is going to keep making vehicles like this, then they need to go back to square 1 at the drawing board. Its my first car and I thought it was nice. It was nice for the fist 6 months, now it's been sitting in my driveway for the last 7 months.

None. The car doesn't work right, so what good are the stupid features!!!

everything!!!