2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Catera model:
Europian "crap-ollac"
By scott on 07/08/10 13:25 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

I have had nothing but problems with my car. I bought it used from a dealership for way too much. I didn't look at any consumer reviews before hand. I thought - "It's a Cadillac, of course it's nice!" Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. From the lot I had nothing but troubles with the car. I bought it with 38,000 in 2007, and now it rests, with a blown engine, in my drive way with 60,000 miles on it. Those were very expensive 22,000 miles! I am thankful though that this model wasn't an American made car. Come on gm! Do not buy this car!

Bad apples of the Cadillac.
By Miriam on 04/23/10 18:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan 4dr Sedan

Repaired 3 times check Engine never goes away. Inside Engine material is plastic imagine! on a 260 degree Hot Engine. that is why it constant need repair. This car should had been a recall. It stop in the middle of the road without warning. Don't bother to call GM they won't help you, this has been put under the carpet rather then recall. (IS Cheaper).

Cadillac's Worst Car
By anonymous on 08/14/09 13:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is terrible. The one good thing I got out of it was that I could warn other people like you to NOT buy this car. I've had problem after problem with this car. It is always at the mechanic. Seemed like a good buy, but I spent so much more money repairing it. Some of the problems I had were my door falling apart, power windows stopped working, my ABS and traction control stopped working, and my speedomotor hasn't worked in months. My car randomly broke down once on my way to work too. This car is a PIECE. DO NOT buy one. Cadillac made a terrible car, I would never want anyone to have the problems I had with this car. It might look cute and nice on the outside, but it is terribly made.

An Absolute WASTE Of Money!
By Allison on 03/22/09 20:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan 4dr Sedan

I haven't even had this car for a month and it's already been in the shop three different times! Problems with the engine, mass air flow sensor, gaskets, and electrical problems. The first week I had it, ran great. Now the radio and heated seats quit working. And to top it all off, the sunroof automatically opens at random times and will not close! I thought cadillacs were nice reliable luxery vehicles???? Don't let the looks fool you!

Run Farrrr Away From Catera
By yaki on 03/13/09 15:40 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

the car runs perfectly when ur not spending thousands of dollars on it. worst cadillac ever built.check engine light always on.most users complain about cosmetic faults like door knob and all but let me tell you all the issues you will have with this cadi. catalytic converters,mass air flow sensor,o2 sensors,camshaft postion sensor,secondary air solenoid,crank sensor,air injection pump,modulator. once you fix all of those,a few thousand dollars after,you are good to go for a month or so till they all go bad again. trust me on this,the car is beautiful,lovely interior and sound system but there is something bout the engineering that just makes all those things go bad

read before you buy
By david hause on 02/11/09 19:24 PM (PST)

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

well when we first looked at this car we thought...wow. We found a car that looks and drives like a dream for the right price...we were right but soon after we drove it hope the electric in this car went wacky, the headlight went out..$25. Then the brake lights stop working as well as the sunroof, cruise control and other small things

Do not buy one
By Crapola on 11/10/08 05:38 AM (PST)

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan 4dr Sedan

What a piece of junk! I took a gamble and bought a 2000 Catera this past August. Traded it in this month ( November ). In the 3 months I owned it, I spent almost $1,000 in repairs. Transmission solonoid, oil gasket, emission valve, brake boost valve....countless others needed and advised by my mechanic to cut my losses and pawn it off, so I did. If anyone out there is looking at buying one of these, don't! The car may look nice and the price may be right, but just don't do it. Parts are very expensive, and these cars are a real pain to work on! It will be a choice you will soon regret, just like I did. I got next to nothing on trade in too, by the way! Cost me lots of money in the end!

Not a real Cadillac
By dcv on 08/22/08 07:15 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan 4dr Sedan

The car drives like a dream, however, the check engine light will not go off. No one can find the problem. The rear middle seat belt locks and cannot be used. The gas mileage is horrible. A new fuel pump at 70K cost me $917. If you try to run anything except premium fuel, you will find yourself in a world of hurt. My advice is to buy a real Cadillac (Deville, for example). Better mileage, better service. Cadillac needs to stand behind this product and make it right. I sure wish I had bought a Deville!

My first Cadillac
By MY FIRST CADILLAC on 08/14/08 10:43 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

This car has been a dream to have. I have been through a lot of cars but this car takes the cake. I get a lot of offers from people to buy my car. it handles the road great. It's a eye catcher for sure. I've never seen a Catera like mine. Before purchasing this car Catera was the last thing on my mind to drive. When the salesman showed me the car and I test drove it I was in heaven. It have 62,000 miles on it in April of 2008 which sweetens the whole deal. Authentic Cadillac rag top. Maroon with 17" chrome Cadillac rims. Sunroof with OnStar. The only thing this car lacks is a spoiler they but if you ask me i think the spoiler lacks the car. I'm forever committed to Cadillacs. CTS-V HERE I COME!

problem after problem
By Charles Fields on 07/04/08 10:57 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

Cadillac should be sued for making a piece of crap like this. I own a 2000 catera, and it stalls out at random. The rpm don't go above 1 when idling. My fuel cap censor is going haywire, my check engine censor is on the fritz as well. If Cadillac is going to keep making vehicles like this, then they need to go back to square 1 at the drawing board. Its my first car and I thought it was nice. It was nice for the fist 6 months, now it's been sitting in my driveway for the last 7 months.

1 2 3 4 5 next »