Used 2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Catera model:

Europian "crap-ollac"
By scott

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

I have had nothing but problems with my car. I bought it used from a dealership for way too much. I didn't look at any consumer reviews before hand. I thought - "It's a Cadillac, of course it's nice!" Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. From the lot I had nothing but troubles with the car. I bought it with 38,000 in 2007, and now it rests, with a blown engine, in my drive way with 60,000 miles on it. Those were very expensive 22,000 miles! I am thankful though that this model wasn't an American made car. Come on gm! Do not buy this car!

I liked the Bose cd player until it stopped working.

Don't produce a "low-end" high-end car anymore. Especially one that's foreign

Bad apples of the Cadillac.
By Miriam

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan 4dr Sedan

Repaired 3 times check Engine never goes away. Inside Engine material is plastic imagine! on a 260 degree Hot Engine. that is why it constant need repair. This car should had been a recall. It stop in the middle of the road without warning. Don't bother to call GM they won't help you, this has been put under the carpet rather then recall. (IS Cheaper).

Good seating.

Replace the plastic intake with Metal like a normal car, Left & Right intake better quality hose rubber not plastic.

Cadillac's Worst Car
By anonymous

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is terrible. The one good thing I got out of it was that I could warn other people like you to NOT buy this car. I've had problem after problem with this car. It is always at the mechanic. Seemed like a good buy, but I spent so much more money repairing it. Some of the problems I had were my door falling apart, power windows stopped working, my ABS and traction control stopped working, and my speedomotor hasn't worked in months. My car randomly broke down once on my way to work too. This car is a PIECE. DO NOT buy one. Cadillac made a terrible car, I would never want anyone to have the problems I had with this car. It might look cute and nice on the outside, but it is terribly made.

None

Everything...

An Absolute WASTE Of Money!
By Allison

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan 4dr Sedan

I haven't even had this car for a month and it's already been in the shop three different times! Problems with the engine, mass air flow sensor, gaskets, and electrical problems. The first week I had it, ran great. Now the radio and heated seats quit working. And to top it all off, the sunroof automatically opens at random times and will not close! I thought cadillacs were nice reliable luxery vehicles???? Don't let the looks fool you!

Heated seats... if they work that is

Overall quality of the car should be improved

Run Farrrr Away From Catera
By yaki

2000 Cadillac Catera Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan

the car runs perfectly when ur not spending thousands of dollars on it. worst cadillac ever built.check engine light always on.most users complain about cosmetic faults like door knob and all but let me tell you all the issues you will have with this cadi. catalytic converters,mass air flow sensor,o2 sensors,camshaft postion sensor,secondary air solenoid,crank sensor,air injection pump,modulator. once you fix all of those,a few thousand dollars after,you are good to go for a month or so till they all go bad again. trust me on this,the car is beautiful,lovely interior and sound system but there is something bout the engineering that just makes all those things go bad

leather seats,bose premium audio

nothing.the entire model should be recalled and owmers refunded